Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: River Anchour mounting  (Read 1838 times)

Fitzz

River Anchour mounting
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:42:49 PM »

Hello can anybody recommend someone who can mount a river anchor system on my 14 ft  Lund Boat . Thanks

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: River Anchour mounting
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 06:47:26 PM »

Post some pictures of your boat so we can make some suggestions. There are a few different 14' Lund models.

Fitzz

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:19:59 PM »

Can't do pic it's 2013 Lund . I've got the anchor just looking for a company who someone has used and can give a good recommendation .

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »

Balmer Fabrication in Abbotsford did mine. Owner Darin is a good honest guy who does solid work. I needed the rope guide that my boat came with cut/removed from the bow. He did that, and bolted on the bow roller, and made a plate to keep the chain + rope from spilling all over the place. I also bought my anchor from him.

Not the cheapest guy around but if you want quality work you need to pay a bit extra.

Here's a link to the old thread where you can see the work I had done.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=38519.0

Also he only does mig welding so if you want the cleanest look possible you will have to find another shop that does tig. He was only doing a few small welds on the bow diamond plate so I just got him to do it with his tig welder.

Fitzz

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »

Thanks for the lead.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 12:05:31 PM »

Ya man. If you go there tell him Kyle with the Harbercraft recommended him ;)

Seems his speciality is more 4x4 stuff. Custom bumpers, racks, skid plates, and so on. I follow him on facebook and he makes some incredible stuff.

Super pretty finess welding (tig) is not his thing. He only does mig. That being said his mig welds are very tidy.

One day I'd like a windlass on my boat which will require a lot of custom welding. I would go to another shop that does tig for this. For pretty much everything else I will stick with Balmer.