Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick release seat setup jon boat  (Read 3057 times)

lucarno

Quick release seat setup jon boat
« on: April 24, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »

Hey rod I have a 1236 alumacraft johnboat and was wondering what type of anchors you used to fasten your quick release seat mounts to your bench in your G3. Are those the Atwood quick release mounts? Are you happy with them? I currently have those Micky mouse clamp on swivels which are total death traps slipping off the bench especially after a few beers. I kind of like the look of those heavy duty steel flush mounts for the pedestal style seats because if I'm alone and just have my 1 seat in it's one less thing to trip over/tangle my fly line on but they are quite expensive. If anyone has any thoughts or experience on mounting quick release mounts to the thin aluminium bench seat it would be much appreciated:) thanks

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Quick release seat setup jon boat
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 03:45:08 PM »

Yeah I got the Atwood quick release mounts on mine. I did quite a bit of research before mounting them onto my aluminum benches. What I did was, I went and bought these anchors called Thread-serts. These are the exact ones I used:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.papc-14-20-thread-sert-kits.1000162987.html

I drilled the holes, put these in, followed the instructions to turn the nuts so the other end start retracting and expanding, eventually wedging onto the thin aluminum. Once those are done, just screw the mount on.

lucarno

Re: Quick release seat setup jon boat
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 05:52:03 PM »

thanks!!