Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Camping Lakes  (Read 13412 times)

tburns

Re: Best Camping Lakes
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »

2 lakes with pretty good fishing and good swimming areas are Lac Le Juene and Conkle which is east of Osoyoos. Conkle has both a park with camping and a beautiful man made sandy beach. It's up in the mountains and a longish drive on a loose surface road (gravel and or dirt) so it's quiet and away from any highway noise:

http://www.ourbc.com/discover_bc/provincial_parks/conkle_lake/conkle_lake.htm

Both of those lakes you suggested look great.  really appreciate it, and all the previous posts guys

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »

best I recall Conkle fished well in summer (best time for swimming). I was there late July & weather was sunny and Lac Le Jeune is at about 4000 feet so should fish fine through summer.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

tburns

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »

Pavillion lake, Emerald lake (?) and Crown lakes are really nice, good fishing and swimming around the area.

Did you mean that Pavillion lake itself has good fishing?  That lake looks beautiful but ideally we wouldn't have to leave to drive to another lake to fish. 

Camp at wood lake resort or Owls nest on Kalamalka lake, and drive up to Postill lake.  A short gravel road up one of the mountains near by.

Have you fished wood and kalamalka themselves?  I was reading some positive reports on the two, and ideally we would be able to just pop in and out for a couple hours at a time, be back for meals etc.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »

Did you mean that Pavillion lake itself has good fishing?  That lake looks beautiful but ideally we wouldn't have to leave to drive to another lake to fish. 

Have you fished wood and kalamalka themselves?  I was reading some positive reports on the two, and ideally we would be able to just pop in and out for a couple hours at a time, be back for meals etc.
Yes Pavillion lake has good fishing, but all the surrounding lakes are pretty good fishing too. Did well in float tubes with a deeeeeeeep sinking line and a woolly bugger.
I know how to catch fish.......Sometimes.

armytruck

• Old Timer
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."