Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser-herring , Sasamat Lake-trout , Belcarra-perch Jan24th  (Read 2059 times)

hrenya

Too lazy to make separate reports .

Fraser before first light till 10am - more fishermen than fish :( it was just one of those days , me and bud got 1 each and tossed them back cause it wasn`t looking too promising ... Few fish were caught here and there , but just single ones . Outgoing tide , max was around 7am.

Sasamat had only 5-6 fishermen by the time I got there around 11 am . I chilled there till 1pm , all I could see was 1 fish lost and was pretty dead , I tried different bait , different length leaders , but no luck for me.

Belcarra  - I arrived a bit after one , tried for herring , but I got nothing . I was waiting for a new buddy of mine who is a member on FWR , and after we met up around 3pm we headed to his ninja spot :) He was pretty cool , hooked me up with his bait , explained the basics , and I did managed to hook 7 perches :D 1 was pretty nice size according to him :)

Another day of fishing , 8 hours of nothing and after a really happy smile on my face :))))))

TimL

Re: Tidal Fraser-herring , Sasamat Lake-trout , Belcarra-perch Jan24th
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:12:07 PM »

I'm guessing no more herring fishing for you for a while eh?  ;D

hrenya

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 04:51:56 PM »

I think sat/sun will be prime time :) wanna join + crab traps ?! :D

TimL

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »

Not sure bout this weekend yet..I'm thinking of heading out to the beach again to play with the sea run cutties..join you guys later maybe.. :)

Man..you are really hooked on those perch!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:41:03 PM by TimL »