Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015/16 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 298014 times)

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

From lower all the way to upper the river was ( and prob still is ) very low vis. 8-10 inches tops on Monday.  I'm sure the level has come up since then too..

Was there all day ...saw no one else ... caught nothing .... but was great just to be out there. 

My 1st post btw... ( been a lurker for a while )

Thanks for the update and welcome to this forum! :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Many of you may not check the Fishing-related Issues & News section but if you check there you will see what the river looked like because of a clay slides in 1997. I have posted the video there that I produced nearly 19 years ago.

fishallday

going out to day thinking about checking out a few spots that did very well for me in salmon season.
life's short stunt it

wookie

Heck ya! good to see some people still getting out.  I'm heading out Sunday and am long past due to provide  a report, so I will post!

dave c

Many of you may not check the Fishing-related Issues & News section but if you check there you will see what the river looked like because of a clay slides in 1997. I have posted the video there that I produced nearly 19 years ago.
Thanks for posting Chris.  Very interesting.  You are a great ambassador to our sport.  So happy I've had the opportunity to speak with you on a couple of occasions.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

i took a look at the river today and its not the best of shape color wise and still high. Weekend rains will keep the river levels high for much of the week. ill b out wednesday the earliest as the daily temps will dive and days will b clear.

PS. I understand members are passionate about steelhead issues but can we please keep this thread to just river conditions and related info. please start a different thread regarding other issues.  ::)

VirtualFisher

PS. I understand members are passionate about steelhead issues but can we please keep this thread to just river conditions and related info. please start a different thread regarding other issues.  ::)

I totally agree.  I will have to wait another week.  That's too bad...

dave c

X3

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Looked not too bad this AM but I would like to see it better before I make my first trip. I saw a few rods out and about, fairly cool, no rain yet.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

cloudy and raining hard in the wack at this moment...5-10mm expected tonight.  :'(

mvelasco

Thanks for the reports!happy for the rain to be here not like last year's dryish winter

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Dryish winter? what are you talking about? There was more then enough water.
The Bigger The Better!

steelheaderpin

Any reports on water conditions today last light?

bobby b

Yesterday water was high and fast.... Still very low vis

I had a fish on mid river but it shook the hook ...

Saw a big fish swim very quickly past me in a very shallow clear side channel... Do t know what it was but it sure wasn't a zombie salmon...

mvelasco

Dryish winter? what are you talking about? There was more then enough water.
Water was low in some of the spots I like to swing flies. Just my preference.if I remember correctly it didn't rain very much from December to march last year. Could be wrong