Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River  (Read 3503 times)

Gandalf

Capilano River
« on: November 12, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »

Any way I that I can fish in Capilano river and not die ? and also can you guys please give me some tips on how to fish in the capilano river what to use and all those good things?

ShaunO

Re: Capilano River
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »

In before the pitchforks!

In all seriousness, this is a great resource for questions like this one.  However, over the years this question has been asked and answered many, many times for not only the Capilano, but every other local flow in the region.  You'll want to use the search feature and scour past threads as fishing techniques haven't really changed all that much.  If you have a specific question about tides, species, run timings, etc. you'll probably get a lot better answers than such a broad, general question.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 03:36:19 PM »

It is your first post but!...
What do want to fish for?
A few late Salmon (Coho and Spring/chinook) still move through but it's pretty much over and those are foe R the lucky.
At this time I'd rather drive an hour to hike than hike an hour to fish.
The killing yourself hikes dictate where you'll fish.
A fun river to explore but when exploring I suggest the drier days.
Slippery slopes are even more so when wet.
A lot of cool spots for the willing and ABLE but be careful.
If you're too young you may not know what careful means.
Hope to hear you made it to older

Good luck but you asked a basic all encompassing  question there's a basic answer.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »

Cap fish are notorious for being tight lipped especially when there is a bait ban. Some days you just wana pull all your hair out because coho are rising and jumping but wont bite anything lol.
[

Gandalf

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 04:18:27 PM »

I just dont want to go on top of cliffs to fish for a 2lb coho/spring and die. Last time i went i went to the cable pool but i do not like it but i am ok with it.

another ? if i catch a fish on the cable pool how am i going to catch it ?[i am not climbing down]

I am looking to catch any salmon sps.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

I just dont want to go on top of cliffs to fish for a 2lb coho/spring and die. Last time i went i went to the cable pool but i do not like it but i am ok with it.

another ? if i catch a fish on the cable pool how am i going to catch it ?[i am not climbing down]

I am looking to catch any salmon sps.
There is a rope by Cable Pool that you can lower your self down to a lower rock and land the fish.  Go explorer other parts of the river.  Posting fishing locations on the internet just attracts thousands of people to the spot that gets mentioned.

Ambassador

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »

Cap fish are notorious for being tight lipped especially when there is a bait ban. Some days you just wana pull all your hair out because coho are rising and jumping but wont bite anything lol.
x2. Nice and close place to go see fish - catching them is another thing. Seen hundreds of fish on the Cap - never been able to land one there.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »

With the raging floods now in the Cap, we need to advise newbies to stay out of the Cap. Not a place inexperienced rods should venture right now. Just take a look of the Cap camera. It is way above 8 ft, the max on the gauge. Too dangerous to be standing near to raging currents now.

Gandalf

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 02:54:46 PM »

I know the conditions atm but i am just asking in general.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »

It is a nice walk to walk from hatchery to the mouth.  That is what I would suggest.  There are some easy access and safe places to fish from a long the way.