Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Salmon Stamp  (Read 2919 times)

nevertoolate

Salmon Stamp
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »

for other neebies like me.  I thought the salmon stamp I got for the ocean was good anywhere.  Not.  Got my fresh water salmon stamp today.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Salmon Stamp
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »

Really :o
Id suggest you pick up both copies of the regulations ,both tidal and non-tidal and read them each over and over.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »

Short answer NO!

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »

for other neebies like me.  I thought the salmon stamp I got for the ocean was good anywhere.  Not.  Got my fresh water salmon stamp today.

No, the Saltwater stamp goes on the saltwater license, so it can't be good for freshwater.  Hope you got a freshwater license to go with the freshwater stamp.
Not all those who wander are lost

nevertoolate

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »

I wasnt asking a question.  Just pointing out to other newbies that you have to get a salmon stamp for both licenses.

hrenya

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 09:21:06 PM »

I wasnt asking a question.  Just pointing out to other newbies that you have to get a salmon stamp for both licenses.
not really , read regulations again

hrenya

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »

No, the Saltwater stamp goes on the saltwater license, so it can't be good for freshwater.  Hope you got a freshwater license to go with the freshwater stamp.
he doesn't have to , if he will read  regulations

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »

You've got to watch the wording of this. It's not a saltwater licence, it's a Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence. I've seen people be confused and think they can use their Fresh Water Fishing Licence in the lower Fraser because it's not "saltwater". It is controlled by the tide therefore a tidal license is required.

There are two stamps, one for tidal, and one for freshwater. I wish they had a third option that was good for everything. They also should be a card, with your picture, like a drivers license.