Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: 2015 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 88490 times)

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: 2015 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2015, 09:46:42 PM »

Went down to Garry Point around noon today for my first try at pink fishing. Saw one fish going crazy jumping around but nothing apart from that. No bites, no landed fish. Will try again tomorrow, thinking of trying Derby Reach. Never been to any of the spots on Rod's list of tidal Fraser locations. Any thoughts on Langley vs. Richmond? I'm totally new at salmon fishing :P

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »

I have to say I was not a fan of Derby reach when I tried there a few years back.  The problem boiled down to too many power boats going by at high speed and that just seemed to push the fish way out to the middle of the river - I could not get a cast anywhere near where they were.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »

Went down to Garry Point around noon today for my first try at pink fishing. Saw one fish going crazy jumping around but nothing apart from that. No bites, no landed fish. Will try again tomorrow, thinking of trying Derby Reach. Never been to any of the spots on Rod's list of tidal Fraser locations. Any thoughts on Langley vs. Richmond? I'm totally new at salmon fishing :P

That fish was likely being chased by a  seal.  Seals have a way of turning the bite off quick.
Not all those who wander are lost

ktt

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2015, 11:09:15 PM »

First day of no bite since last Saturday. Totally dead, only saw two seals.

matrix111

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2015, 07:47:56 AM »

Derby Reach is great if you don't want to see combat fishing. "More relaxed" and you can bring the kids too if they are into fishing. But i agree there were too many boats that passed by. Then again, you see them anywhere during this season.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »

Are the three bars around Glen Valley Regional Park any quieter? I am definitely looking for non-combat zone fishing, as I don't want to have to compete for space ;) The picture on FWR looks like there's infinite room for anglers to spread out:
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/region_two/glen_valley_regional_park.html

I'm heading out to fish, be there around 9:30am today. If anyone else is fishing in the same area and wants to meet up to chat about fishing (aka me asking a bunch of questions about salmon fishing), send me a PM :D

Voyager

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »

Was out in my kayak yesterday near Fraser Surrey docks, lots of fish showing on surface and FF caught and released one and lost another. Shore fishers were doing ok but a little slow for most.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »

Comparing the Area 29 Test nets between 2013 and this year it's pretty aweful.  More than 10 times more fish were caught around this time last pink season.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2015, 07:00:18 PM »

Are the three bars around Glen Valley Regional Park any quieter? I am definitely looking for non-combat zone fishing, as I don't want to have to compete for space ;) The picture on FWR looks like there's infinite room for anglers to spread out:
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/region_two/glen_valley_regional_park.html

I'm heading out to fish, be there around 9:30am today. If anyone else is fishing in the same area and wants to meet up to chat about fishing (aka me asking a bunch of questions about salmon fishing), send me a PM :D

that's the west end of Duncan.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »

No, not infinite room, but the bars themselves are large, and the shoreline is easily accessible for a good chunk from Two-bit bar right up to just below Poplar Bar.  Then there are a few  more accessible points here and there between Poplar and Duncan Bar.  Finding a spot is usually not a problem, but you will rarely be alone for long, especially if you are catching fish.
Not all those who wander are lost

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »

Comparing the Area 29 Test nets between 2013 and this year it's pretty aweful.  More than 10 times more fish were caught around this time last pink season.

Yes, but that was known as an exceptional run expectations. They aren't huge every two years.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2015, 08:24:06 PM »

Ive found the shallow bars around Derby to have pinks out beyond casting range.

Monday Derby and above had SO MANY people fishing from shore it was funny, never seen it like that before.

Fishing around ridge after work has not been good, lost three today and one landed out of three yesterday, all after work on the incoming tide. Jigs again outperforming spoons.

I did manage to leave my net half in the water on the rocks only to have a pink swim into it and get tangled up. Never heard of that before~

Tangles

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »

And just like that the pinks are tapering off already...at least it certainly feels like it.

sockeyed

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »

Went out last night in the Langley area for 1.5hrs. There were about 15 anglers and I only saw 4 fish caught with very few rolling. I did manage to catch 1 so it wasn't too bad for myself.

Hopefully there are still some good days left, especially with the nets gone.

chomperman

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »

Went out this morning from 6am until 8am at two bit bar. Nothing not a single bite nor nibble for me or the half dozen other anglers.

Water was nice and clear with calm waters. Beautiful morning but not no fishes around.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11