Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: 2015 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 88482 times)

ktt

Re: 2015 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »

Arrived south arm at around noon, saw some people leaving with fish. I hooked 3 and landed 2. Not that slow, people around me hooked fish too.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2015, 09:20:55 PM »

got out fished by a friends 7 year old daughter who got 7 to net and lost atleast 5or 6 more ! i got 5 to net plus a couple released by boat ! friend only hooked 1 !

we only kept a few does ! rest were sent on there way for there journey
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:22:35 PM by rjs »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2015, 11:57:37 PM »

A reminder that bait ban for salmon fishing is in effect starting today for the Tidal Fraser River, fishing for coho and sockeye salmon is also prohibited. Please release all coho and sockeye salmon with care.

Let the pink salmon fest continue! :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »

I did pretty well this weekend. Limited out one day and between two of us on the boat yesterday we got 4 and missed many more. The first day I was on my own from shore and the banks got super busy. I have a question. Has anyone tried using their float tube out on the Fraser? I am going to do it. My only concern is storage of fish on the tube. I could hang the fish off the tube in the water but I am worried about seals. Anyone have any experience with this?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

twocoaster

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2015, 12:54:51 PM »

I did pretty well this weekend. Limited out one day and between two of us on the boat yesterday we got 4 and missed many more. The first day I was on my own from shore and the banks got super busy. I have a question. Has anyone tried using their float tube out on the Fraser? I am going to do it. My only concern is storage of fish on the tube. I could hang the fish off the tube in the water but I am worried about seals. Anyone have any experience with this?

I've not done it, been considering also. Saw two guys in v boats on Saturday near Deas Island. Water was like a bathtub.

243Pete

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2015, 02:42:09 PM »

Fished around noon today, hooked into a few fish and got my limit in less than an hour. The wind on the Richmond portion of the Fraser makes casting a pain in the butt. >:( I only saw a few other people fishing but with no luck... the "I am throwing a lure out as far as I can and retriving it faster than I can run doesn't work all that well. :P

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2015, 09:07:14 PM »

I have in Langley below Crescent island.  I never kill more than one at a time, so storage isn't an issue.
Not all those who wander are lost

ktt

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2015, 12:11:47 AM »

My son caught a big male and I landed two female at the south arm. Rollers were found between 1:30 to 3:30.

Chehalis_Steel

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »

Realllly slow today. Fished around Mission Bridge for about 3 hours.
 Saw only one guy out of the 50 or so that were there hook into anything, and that was a sturgeon, not a pink.

Some fish were rolling. Pretty surprised with the complete of lack fish caught considering the number of anglers.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »

Realllly slow today. Fished around Mission Bridge for about 3 hours.
 Saw only one guy out of the 50 or so that were there hook into anything, and that was a sturgeon, not a pink.

Some fish were rolling. Pretty surprised with the complete of lack fish caught considering the number of anglers.

That could be because of the seine nets, or what time of day you were there.

I stopped for a quick toss of the spinning rod, and caught nothing in 30 mins. I saw a couple guys land some fish about 8:30am.

Aurora

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »

Fished Langley this morning and didn't do very well.  Went to Maple ridge for evening tide.  Took a couple hours until a school went by.  Two casts = two fish.  It's slower than weekend but there still seems to be good numbers out there.

rheticus

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »

About 2 p.m. (3 hours before high tide) quite a few fish were visible from the s. shore of Richmond but they sure weren't biting. It didn't matter what we threw at them. Still, sure good to see them.

Aurora

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2015, 08:51:31 PM »

Forgot to mention one observation.  When school went by I didn't notice any risers.

TimL

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »

Fished Richmond south arm in the evening after work (high slack to ebb tide)...it was quite dead: no fish seen or caught..not much luck for others too.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »

Ridge Meadows today and yesterday after work, pretty slow only a few seen or jigged to the net lol
weekend was way way better. Am hoping it picks up
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11