Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wtb Chronomids  (Read 3342 times)

pbish

Wtb Chronomids
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:07 AM »

I am making a trip later this week to Tunkwa Lake and am looking to buy some good patterns. Can anyone suggest the best Metro Vancouver store to purchase them.

DanL

• Old Timer
Re: Wtb Chronomids
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 11:54:32 AM »

All the major shops should have a good selection. Sea-run, Pacific Angler, Berry's should all be able to set you up.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 12:46:50 PM »

Check the Tunkwa Lake Resort fishing report.  They say it is 'bomber' time, i.e. large chronomids up to almost an inch long.  That report seems about a week old.

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »

Some patterns working the last few days.........ASB red rib, Asb green rib, Chameleon, Christmas tree, Coppertops. Looking at some of John Kents flies the Gun's and Roses should do real well as it's an exact match right now. His Coppertop's and Green red butt also.
Christmas tree's worked in the mornings switching over to ASB's mid day and into the peak fishing frenzy slowing a bit by 4 and maroon's started to come off in size 12's, big fat ones, switched over to a few patterns in maroon and found an exact to the naturals and it was game on. Evening they were on bright coppers, buddy keyed into them and a fish a cast! Missed that as I went in.

Have fun
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Al P.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 04:02:52 PM »

Also keep in mind the store in the resort carries a good selection of locally tied flies, in the right sizes and colours as well. Dick Barlett aka 'little Dick', one of the best rods on the lake, ties for the resort.

pbish

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »

Thanks very much for the info most local stores are picked over. I wait till I get to the resort.