Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pumpkinseed in Lafarge  (Read 2785 times)

Britguy

• Old Timer
Pumpkinseed in Lafarge
« on: July 03, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »

I have never seen a Pumpkin seed fish in Lafarge before, i went out there today for a couple of hours and was getting tons of small hits
but could not hook anything, So i downsized my fly and hooked lots of pumpkin seeds
Have they always been in there, :-\

i guess i have not fished Lafarge this late before, i just thought there would be some trout left oer from the Family day stocking :-\ but no such luck, or it was too hot for them and they were sat on the bottom ;)

No report of the stocking for that day

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
Re: Pumpkinseed in Lafarge
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »

Perfect time to electrify some lakes (IMO)
Too hot for trout and very few left.
BZZZZZ.
Start new.... ;D

Sam6140

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »

Hmm looks like the planned illegal start of a new local bass fishery.  Pumpkinseed are often introduced first (they're bass food), then the Largemouth Bass.  Whoever's doing it should realize for one it's pointless as they'll be fished out, due to pressure at that lake.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 08:29:40 PM »

They've been in there for at least the last 3 years.

Tylsie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 04:27:40 PM »

They can be fun for the kids, but as more and more lakes/ponds are being plagued by introduced species it is very upsetting. But what is worse are these groups that fight so hard to save these species and work so hard to enhance habitat for them. There are several lagoons and ponds that lie in salmon bearing river flood plains and variety of groups are trying to save increase invasive species habitat. 

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 12:14:51 PM »

Makes me nervous that Lafarge has the ability to act as an easy "invasive species source" for these people to then move to other areas....

Fun for kids or not, gotta think big picture. An invasive cleansing is a good idea, that hopefully will discourage future translocation attempts

Sinaran

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »

I remember about 8 years ago i caught around 5 - 6 kokanees there at Lafarge while fishing for rainbow trouts.  I wasn't sure how they got in there, probably they were stocked ...
there were also catfish and carps there as well.. what an interesting pond it is :)
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 01:48:33 PM »

I remember about 8 years ago i caught around 5 - 6 kokanees there at Lafarge while fishing for rainbow trouts.  I wasn't sure how they got in there, probably they were stocked ...
there were also catfish and carps there as well.. what an interesting pond it is :)

Coulda been a coquitlam river sockeye - or the descendant of one. Lafarge drains into the coquitlam, doesn't it?