Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cold water river  (Read 5302 times)

Alomar

Cold water river
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »

Got a buddy heading to cold water river by Larson hill and he was asking me about the fly fishing there, anyone have any experience there thanx

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Cold water river
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »

Every time I drive by I drool over how that river looks. I have yet to try it, and I'm not even sure of its regulations.

Edit: No Fishing Jan 1-May 31; No trout under 25 cm; No Fishing for bull trout (any caught must be released)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:19:20 PM by Flytech »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 12:39:30 AM »

I know a couple that have fished it a couple times. Reports aren't good and the fish are few and far between. I too drool over that little system and think I may camp along it and try it out in the coming years as my sons get older and start fly fishing.

Thank you for the regs update Flytech, I wasn't aware there was a "no targeting bull trout" regulation there
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

TheFishingLad

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »

Unfortunately Hook is right. Fishing is minimal. I've walked the river a ways and what fish there were, they would be small and quite smart. Having 1 in he pool dart out, smack it, never to be seen again.

Alomar

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »

Thanx guys, he is aware of the regs, he's camping there for a couple days and is a pretty good rod so I'll let u know how he does next weekend

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »

Thanx guys, he is aware of the regs, he's camping there for a couple days and is a pretty good rod so I'll let u know how he does next weekend

Only tell me, privately... ;)

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »

Honestly your better off keeping the info to yourself or people you trust not to spread it around. Very small system and I'm sure you would hate to show up seeing lots of people camped/fishing your favourite spots

Lake my friend used to frequent is now over run with people because the word got out. Still a great lake but the campsite gets packed extremely quickly and not many are there for the fishing anymore
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »

[size=78%] Still a great lake but the campsite gets packed extremely quickly and not many are there for the fishing anymore[/size]

Then it's not because the word got out.

Alomar

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 08:26:48 AM »

10 4