Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furry Creek Fishing 2015  (Read 15593 times)

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!
Furry Creek Fishing 2015
« on: May 26, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »

So....I drove past Furry Creek last week and saw that there is a fence up now. Anybody hear anything about fishing this summer there? I know you can still get to the beach past the fence but there is now nowhere to park. :-\

MetalAndFeathers

Re: Furry Creek Fishing 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »

There is a giant hole in that fence that has been cut and closed several times,there also is a trail that goes around the fence down the dirt road.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »

I'm not sure who put up the fence because the land on either side, including that parking area, is owned by the Crown as represented by BC rail (and likely leased to CN).  The fence may have been put up by BCR due to concerns regarding rail traffic?  I cannot see why there would be any reason not to continue to park at this location.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »

Thanks for the reply guys....I stopped by and noticed that the towing signs are now just for parking in front of the gate and blocking it. You can still park to the left or right of the gate.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »

Railway right of ways are private property. What end of the beach is this fence? Is it the south end by the golf course? There is also access from the North end and lots of parking by the property development. Some people use the BCR Bridge to cross to the south end or you can cross the creek.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:17 AM »

Railway right of ways are private property. What end of the beach is this fence? Is it the south end by the golf course?
Yes the south end, but you can still walk around it. Looks like they extended the fence by like 200 feet. Just a longer walk to carry your fish back to your car  ;D

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »

Did my last post get deleted?
Anyways: stay off of the golf course grass!
We may have a right to fish there but the golf course pays more in taxes and stuff and therefore has a louder voice.
Respect and don't give them more reason to restrict access.
My 2 cents 8)

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »

Well said Fish or cut bait walking on the beach is very easy to do rather than cutting across on the grass.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »

Did my last post get deleted?

No, you put it on the wrong thread, dude. It's on the Latimer Lake thread...where it makes no sense whatsoever :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 01:18:34 PM »

I've removed that post in the other thread now, since it's just saying the same thing as the one here.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 04:26:26 PM »

Thanks,  I'll drink later.....

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »

There is also access from the North end and lots of parking by the property development.

Is that the rectangular area on the east side of just Olivers Landing court, before the turnaround?   I did a street view in Google maps but the parking information on the sign was obscured. 

thanks.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 07:36:52 AM »

Off the highway north of the creek. You can park either to the left before the BCR crossing or in the Visitors Parking at the Townhouse complex at Olivers Landing.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

pkan

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »

Anyone know why/who the south entrance (to the big rock) was barricaded by branches?  This happened within the last few weeks.  Now this limits the choices for anglers to get to the beach this summer (for pinks)  :(

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 08:32:34 AM »

you can access the entire beach from other access points. The locals have been quite accommodating despite the near insane numbers of people who come to fish.