Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aevitas Inc Pulls Out .  (Read 18617 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Aevitas Inc Pulls Out .
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »

Bring on the FF next, hope to see you on the Wild Salmon Caravan this coming week. ;D ;D ;D

PS I imagine you were pleased Bill C- 51 passed yesterday that will deal with us terrorists. :-\

Never said that I supported Bill C-51 and never called or implied that opponents to the facility were terrorists.  Not sure what this has to do with this issue.  Nice deflection from the gravel removal once again.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »

My coverage of the proceedings yesterday.

https://youtu.be/4FCzSB7lyyw

Interesting to see Wayne Froese laughing about the prospect of CFL bulbs being in his basement.  Apparently, they are dangerous to be recycled safely and properly at the proposed location, but not a big issue for him in his possession or in garbage dumps adjacent to the river.  The Watershed Watch Salmon Society spokesperson (Lina Azeez?) is sure clueless about how well CFLs get recycled these days and where they are ultimately recycled. Places like Home Depot accept used CFL bulbs, but they don't recycle them. Home Depot has to take them somewhere like Aevitas to be recycled.

But more importantly, there is a real problem with these CFL bulbs making their way into landfills or just dumped illegally off the side of the road.  Maybe Azeez and Froese should take trip at look through those dumps near the Fraser (operated by FN who stood beside them opposing the facility.....the same ones supporting gravel removal on the Fraser) and see how many CFL bulbs are there. They would likely be surprised, but of course unphased because in their "minds" they did a great service for the Fraser River and the environment. As for saying they wanted to work with Aevitas to find other solutions I don't believe that. When did they try to meet with the company?  Only one group actually came up with an alternative location (which may or may not have been that suitable). Mark Angelo kept talking about all these suitable sites but never came out on record supporting any.

I liked the first bunch of questions asked by those reporters. Glad you included those, Chris. It was also great to get the Stolo in there during the CBC interview. Azeez is taking about saving salmon and applauding the decision by Aevitas while the Stolo supports destructive gravel removal in the HEART OF THE FRASER RIVER.  Hypocrites.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:12 PM »

Not all Stolo support the gravel extraction just like not all people support FF. There always difference of opinions on many issues, just ask me, as coming up to 50 years of marriage. ;D ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »

Not all Stolo support the gravel extraction just like not all people support FF. There always difference of opinions on many issues, just ask me, as coming up to 50 years of marriage. ;D ;D ;D

I guess it sort of like not all First Nations think fish farms are a bad idea or those that love wild salmon don't agree with Morton's theories??

Strange how those Stolo that don't support gravel removal are not being heard as loudly as some of the others like Erie Crey. Guess they have been told to toe the line for fears of being called poor "environmentalists".

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1514507/waste-management-companies-to-pay-87-000-for-pcb-spill

At the time of the incident, Custom Environmental Services Ltd. was a separate corporate entity, transporting a shipment on behalf of Aevitas Inc. The company has since been acquired by Aevitas Inc.

How else is are these materials supposed to transported to a hazardous waste recycling facility?  Hazardous materials move back and forth along our highways or along railways everyday - many with a much more immediate impact that can put many people's lives in danger. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »

At the time of the incident, Custom Environmental Services Ltd. was a separate corporate entity, transporting a shipment on behalf of Aevitas Inc. The company has since been acquired by Aevitas Inc.

How else is are these materials supposed to transported to a hazardous waste recycling facility?  Hazardous materials move back and forth along our highways or along railways everyday - many with a much more immediate impact that can put many people's lives in danger.
I knew you would justify this somehow. ;D ;D ;D Does not matter as I am sure a responsible company like this can find another location as this is not the only site in BC to locate.

So good to see we finally won one, bring on FF next, off to the Leg. in Victoria this week to deal with this issue.

Also may need to meet with our relative Rachel Notley in Alberta re some other issues that could effect BC. ;D ;D

Sure fun being a environmentalist these days. ;D ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:33 PM »

Wow, a few weeks ago you were going to be a movie star and now we read you might meet with the newly elected Alberta Premier; you’re definitely going to need a larger toque ;D ;D ;D.  Have a safe trip to Victoria (another protest?) and let us know how your meeting with Ms. Notley goes…

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »

Wow, a few weeks ago you were going to be a movie star and now we read you might meet with the newly elected Alberta Premier; you’re definitely going to need a larger toque ;D ;D ;D.  Have a safe trip to Victoria (another protest?) and let us know how your meeting with Ms. Notley goes…
Just doing the work what a unpaid volunteer does in what one believes in at, 72 one does not have much time to try and make the world a better place for our children and grandchildren. Also it is nice not to be employed by any government agency and have to keep defending them or being gaged. ;D ;D ;D

It has been a good week and with the best coach in hockey now in TO makes it better. ;D ;D ;D

The Victoria meeting is with some politians as Eddie and Alex and a few other groups have come together and are taking the lead.

I guess I should give you an autograph after reading your comments, I thought I was just famous on FWR, maybe I can hire you as my press agent too. ;D ;D ;D

The meeting with Rachel will most likely have to wait until we have our Notley reunion once again, besides she is very busy getting Alberta back on its feet.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 09:26:17 AM »

I knew you would justify this somehow. ;D ;D ;D Does not matter as I am sure a responsible company like this can find another location as this is not the only site in BC to locate.

So good to see we finally won one, bring on FF next, off to the Leg. in Victoria this week to deal with this issue.

Also may need to meet with our relative Rachel Notley in Alberta re some other issues that could effect BC. ;D ;D

Sure fun being a environmentalist these days. ;D ;D ;D

Not justifying anything.  Just saying that at the end of the day these materials have to move from one location to another.  There are trains and trucks constantly hauling hazardous materials on our roadways.  Also, it wasn’t Aevites that was directly transporting the materials according to the article.

100 litres of oil containing PCBs at a weigh scale?  Hmmm…I wonder how many litres of PCB-laden oil these hazardous waste recycling facilities remove from our waterways each year?

Yes, “environmentalists” certainly won one.  They prevented the construction of a facility that recycles hazardous waste.  A mighty big accomplishment.  Meanwhile, these materials continue to be disposed of in landfills (not far from the proposed location) or illegally off the side of the road – eventually making their way into Fraser River.  Score one for perception.  As for locating at another site in BC, your compatriots have been actively involved in making the public fearful of even transporting hazardous material to facilities like this.  What started out being about the “location of the facility” ended up being about “idea of the actual facility.”

Oh, and we shouldn’t forget the fact that some of those same opponents support gravel extraction in the Fraser River not much further upstream.  However, it is best not to rock the boat too much there as political support from certain high profile groups was likely deemed more important than a few hundred red-listed sturgeon and some wild salmon.  But hey, the ends justify the means sometimes, right?  As you said, “not all Stolo support the gravel extraction just like not all people support FF.”  I don’t think Eddie (self-proclaimed warrior of wild salmon) was beating any drums at Seabird Island. :P 

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »

The Victoria meeting is with some politians as Eddie and Alex and a few other groups have come together and are taking the lead.

I guess when you can have individuals taking the lead that are highly experienced in misdirection; cherry picking data to remove the larger context of what the scientific literature supports or does not support; or false information then it makes the agenda much more manageable and articulates the message better. Not much different than what they do in North Korea.  Good call.

;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 10:14:42 AM »

I guess when you can have individuals taking the lead that are highly experienced in misdirection; cherry picking data to remove the larger context of what the scientific literature supports or does not support; or false information then it makes the agenda much more manageable and articulates the message better. Not much different than what they do in North Korea.  Good call.

;D
SS it may be time for you to start a group to oppose these things you are concerned about, I am sure your knowledge and education you have would be excellent to these topics that cause you great distress at times or does your employment prevent you from doing so? :(

Remember I am just an undereducated old guy and running out of energy, we need young guys like you, Dave and maybe Bob to get away from the computer screen. Saying that Dave does a lot of work for the CVRCS and is a much valued director. Got to go to get ready to go to Victoria and a Fraser Valley Ilegal Dumping Alliance meeting this afternoon.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »

Chris, you might be the most politically minded person I know and this is the sort of stuff that keeps you going. I hope I have your energy when I reach 72 but having said that, if you post crap expect to hear about it ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:12 PM »

Chris, you might be the most politically minded person I know and this is the sort of stuff that keeps you going. I hope I have your energy when I reach 72 but having said that, if you post crap expect to hear about it ;)
Love to do that to get a response from you and SS, sorry Bob has given up, hope his health is OK, eating too much................................ We had a celebration party tonight. ;D ;D ;D Off to Victoria in a few hours.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer