Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skeena River?  (Read 2539 times)

nevertoolate

Skeena River?
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:28:27 AM »

I would like to go up to the SKeena River at the end of April.  Any tips on how to get started there?  Is a guide necessary?  Any suggestions?  I cant afford a full 6 day trip that most of them are offering.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
Re: Skeena River?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »

At this time a serious spring time freshet will be in a full swing. She will run high and dirty. Maybe Calum river? Copper?

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:04:36 PM »

I would visit Noel Gyger's website and take a look at the weekly fishing reports. He is reporting good Steelhead fishing on the Kalum River and the Lower Skeena River. I am sure if you explain your situation and your budget he can put you in touch with someone who can help you out.

mzmann

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »

My father and I stayed at this place last April and for less than 200 each/night (off season prices) we got breakfast, packed lunch, use of 4x4 vehicle and choice of 14ft/40hp jet (maybe 16ft cant recall 100%) or pontoon boat, depending on water levels. Wonderful german couple own/run it, Hans and Simone I believe. We guided ourselves mostly with research prior to trip but Hans and other guest also were very helpful in areas to go.
https://www.facebook.com/Fishermans.No1/photos_stream
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

nevertoolate

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »

thanks for the info.  Appreciated