Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fly Fishing Film Tour F3T. Vancouver Saturday March 28th  (Read 1914 times)

banx

Fly Fishing Film Tour F3T. Vancouver Saturday March 28th
« on: February 23, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »

Ladies and Gents, I am proud to announce that I will be hosting the F3T again. This will be my third kick at the can raising money for various local fish related charities.  The venue is the same, the Norman Rothstein Theatre.  950 west 41st ave in vancouver..... between oak and willow.   good sky train access. and pay parking

This year the beneficiaries will be the Norman Rothstein Theatre and The Pacific Salmon Foundation.

as always, there will always be a nice collection of goodies to give away as well as the regular large ticket items by raffle.

I have a collection of t-shirts, hats and a couple of pairs of nice costa glasses. A couple of nice canvas prints.

This year, the large item is an Abel reel paired with a rod, which I still have to get,  expect it to be in the 6wt to 8wt variety.
The cost is the same at $15 per person

there will be a bar serving cold beer and wine, snacks available as well.  This is a great  theatre with an excellent screen and sound system. HD of course

Saturday March 28th. doors open at 5pm. and the show starts at 7pm.

Tickets available online:
https://www.ticketriver.com/event/13942

or

Pacific Angler: 78 E Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5T 1V6
(604) 872-2204
www.pacificangler.ca

more to follow.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:57:20 PM by banx »

banx

Re: Fly Fishing Film Tour F3T. Vancouver Saturday March 28th
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »

bump

well I have acquired the free give away items.  I have a ton of Costa and F3T hats to give t-away.  sunglass holders... stickers and Simms t-shirts.

also will be getting an abel reel, should be here by friday I expect.

I also have three pairs of costa sunglasses to give away at the show....

15$ you benefit a few charities, win some free swag and have a chance at scoring a great rod and reel for incredibly cheap. and you get to enjoy top class cinematography in HD on a full size movie screen with an ice cold beer in your hand.

that's what I like to call a bargain.

last year a member from here scored a $900 US Winston 8wt rod for a $5 raffle ticket. 

saturday march 28th. you should come early because there will be a booth setup in the theatre lobby with gear for sale.  most likely discounted.

some pics

banx

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:49:49 AM »

bump bump.....again   ;)

tickets are available online,  at pacific angler, and I have some for sale at the door for those of you who choose to live dangerously. hahaha 

I'm a fan of this years movies. More so than last, the one on carp was great as it seems to be drawing some attention to this species, enough so that I've sat at home contemplating chasing them around the lower mainland.

So here is the donated reel to be raffled off.  nice 6wt. Abel reel.

banx

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 07:53:20 AM »

thanks to those that came out last night.  The show was a success for sure. Had a cool surprise with Mariko Azumi MC the show.  A ton of stuff was given away and won. definitely a grreat evening.

all in all just over $2400 was raised.

I would like to thank the tour sponsors, Pacific Salmon Foundation and pacific angler for the assitance.  and Rod for allowing the promotion.

I do need to say something though.  To the group of 4 that helped themselves to roughly 15 Simms hats. who does that? seriously. in all likelihood your going to be getting one regardless.  karma, hopefully.