Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: William Joseph Surge Pack  (Read 6268 times)

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
William Joseph Surge Pack
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:11:46 PM »

I just picked up this wonderful piece of fishing equipment. I thought it was a great idea when I read about it, and when I had the chance to check one out at Fred's Custom Tackle. I knew I wanted it. Finished a guiding website a couple weeks later and had some spare cash. First thing I bought was the pack. I've filled it recently and used it on a couple quick trips.

I do have to say that why the hell wasn't this thought of earlier? With the mag series you get a quality build and materials supporting great technology. The lack of zippers on the pack reduces the ability for line to get caught when fly fishing. I've set it up in a way so nothing is hanging out, forceps, nippers, are all hidden in pockets and pop out with ease.

For more info check out this link: http://www.williamjoseph.net/gear.php?userChoice=Surge

I recommend at least going in to your favourite shop and looking at the mag series. They have several options for different people preferences. A couple of chest packs, and the hip pack.

I don't think I'll ever go away from the mag idea, if William Joseph goes out of business I'll design my own. ;)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:27:55 PM by Flytech »

clarkii

• Old Timer
Re: William Joseph Surge Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »

I don't think I'll ever go away from the mag idea, if William Joseph goes out of business I'll design my own. ;)

I dont think they will anytime soon, WJ is the same group as Badlands, one of the best pack makers in the hunting market.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:57:04 AM »

i have the catalyst, the main big pocket is a zipper and the other 2 are magnetic...i hate them, they always pop open, needs a stronger magnetic connection imo
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:52:02 AM »

i have the catalyst, the main big pocket is a zipper and the other 2 are magnetic...i hate them, they always pop open, needs a stronger magnetic connection imo

I haven't used that pack on the water,  but the surge pack magnets are VERY strong. I've had to use two hands to open it a couple times.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:54:05 AM »

I dont think they will anytime soon, WJ is the same group as Badlands, one of the best pack makers in the hunting market.

Good news. I don't hunt so I had no idea.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:30:37 AM »

The key to using a magnetic pack is keeping it minimal .. If u overstuff them they will pop open while hiking through brush or fighting a fish. That being said I always like a few extra goodies in my hip packs so the zipper definitely suits my needs better.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »

Send it back. If they are indeed owned by badlands, then there warranty should be top notch.
I don't own any WJ products, but have a couple of Badlands products and am very happy with them. The warranty is lifetime and transferable without receipt.

http://www.wjblog.net/mobile/contentMobile.php?userChoice=william-joseph-warranty
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:52:49 AM by Noahs Arc »

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 08:32:59 AM »

Here it is copied out using tbe above link.

General Warranty: The William Joseph warranty is as straight forward as it gets. We don't care if you bought it at a garage sale, whether or not you have a receipt, if you backed over it with your car, or your dog chewed it up. As long as it remains repairable we will fix it for free, no questions asked.

If our product does not far exceed your expectations at every level, we will give you your money back. Let's face it, if you are annoyed it is for a reason and regardless of what that is, if we don't make it right we lose.

We don't do this so you will never have to buy another product, (that would be dumb) quite frankly it is just the opposite. When you have absolute confidence that whatever you buy from us will bring you more pleasure than the cash you handed over, you will buy more and more Willy J, and then we all win.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

Here it is copied out using tbe above link.

General Warranty: The William Joseph warranty is as straight forward as it gets. We don't care if you bought it at a garage sale, whether or not you have a receipt, if you backed over it with your car, or your dog chewed it up. As long as it remains repairable we will fix it for free, no questions asked.

If our product does not far exceed your expectations at every level, we will give you your money back. Let's face it, if you are annoyed it is for a reason and regardless of what that is, if we don't make it right we lose.

We don't do this so you will never have to buy another product, (that would be dumb) quite frankly it is just the opposite. When you have absolute confidence that whatever you buy from us will bring you more pleasure than the cash you handed over, you will buy more and more Willy J, and then we all win.

Now that's a company I can get behind.

SirCastsAlot

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »

Where did you get the pack? I am looking at getting the CONFLUENCE. http://www.williamjoseph.net/gear.php?userChoice=Confluence.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »

Where did you get the pack? I am looking at getting the CONFLUENCE. http://www.williamjoseph.net/gear.php?userChoice=Confluence.

Freds Custom Tackle, Abbotsford.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »

I have WJ packs, waders, and boots. All of their gear is the best I have owned. First set of waders lasted me 6 years before I replaced them with a new set of WJ. Boots the same. Price is not up there with Simms but also not on the lower end. A mid ranged priced company with top notch products. Oh and a warranty unmatched.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 08:18:45 AM »

I have WJ packs, waders, and boots. All of their gear is the best I have owned. First set of waders lasted me 6 years before I replaced them with a new set of WJ. Boots the same. Price is not up there with Simms but also not on the lower end. A mid ranged priced company with top notch products. Oh and a warranty unmatched.

I am assuming from the lack of them on their website, that they don't sell boots and waders anymore.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 06:43:40 PM »

I am assuming from the lack of them on their website, that they don't sell boots and waders anymore.

WOW!!! Your right. If you click on the deals link they are clearing out their remaining waders. Sad day for me  :(

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family