Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coquitlam River Cleanup  (Read 4265 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Coquitlam River Cleanup
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »

Good to see this cleanup continuing, I attended a few years ago. Lets hope a few people down that way will pitch in.

http://www.thenownews.com/community/coquitlam-river-cleanup-planned-for-sunday-1.1706421#

zap brannigan

Re: Coquitlam River Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

their also doing spey lessons tomorrow along with the cleanup.

firebird

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

Five days after the cleanup  >:(

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 08:20:37 AM »

that looks like the upper river, they only do the clean up on the lower portion.

firebird

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »

Sorry, I thought the upper river had been recently cleaned. When I last participated in the clean-up, the upper river was done. Who cleans up the upper river besides guys like me who pick stuff up when angling?

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 12:15:11 PM »

that looks like the upper river, they only do the clean up on the lower portion.

Not true, upper portion is cleaned when enough volunteers show up. This year's attendance did not compare to some of the previous years.

And some food for thought; try and incorporate some river clean up into every fishing outing, be it fishing line, coffee cups, recyclables, etc.... and guys with trucks...don't be hesitant to throw some of the larger ticket items seen on the river into your truck.

Cheers.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »

Not true, upper portion is cleaned when enough volunteers show up. This year's attendance did not compare to some of the previous years.

I would have attended but I did not hear about it until after the fact.  :'(

As someone who lives close to the river and fishes there occasionally (as well as hikes and birds along it), I have a vested interest in keeping the garbage under control. :/

firebird

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 07:18:11 AM »

And some food for thought; try and incorporate some river clean up into every fishing outing, be it fishing line, coffee cups, recyclables, etc.... and guys with trucks...don't be hesitant to throw some of the larger ticket items seen on the river into your truck.

What are the guys with the trucks supposed to do with the large items they throw in their truck? I don't like the idea of paying tipping fees for asshats on a regular basis. I could fill my Ranger up with larger stuff in about 10 minutes with what I've seen on the upper river lately.