Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canada Day  (Read 4698 times)

tavin 02

• I'm a llama!
Canada Day
« on: July 01, 2004, 02:33:13 PM »

Happy Canada Day everyone,
tight lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re:Canada Day
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 04:46:46 PM »

;DSame to you tavin and all the other members of our
club, and even those who are'nt members Yet. Happy Canada Day Everyone.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 04:59:58 PM »

Yes it is a great day for Canada our 137th birthday. Max , Fish A. and others today is the day The Maple Leaf is center stage. ;D

We are so lucky to live in Canada the best country in the world. Please respect her when out in her wide expanse. Clean up some garbage while out fishing over the holiday to make up for someone that does not respect Canada's beauty.

It is our duty to preserve our environment for the generations to come. If we do not who will?

My celebration will be to cook a nice salmon roast for some family members, toast Canada with some fine BC wine, and indulge in some wild trailing blackberry pie for dessert. Yes I know not many of you know what they are but they are the best tasting fruit you can eat. They are very small and grow in logged off area's. Gary and I picked a few pounds each this morning instead of going fishing. After dinner off to the fireworks. ;D

Tomorrow will be a bar fishing day and then Rodney and Nina may be my guests one day week as we baptize them with a 20 pound Fraser chinnok from Maple Leaf Bar. ;D

By the way what has the rest of the forum members done to celebrate Canada Day?

I am going out to the Vedder now before I cook supper and cleanup some garbage. ::)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 10:48:51 PM by chris gadsden »

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 05:49:23 PM »

What better way to celebrate Canada Day then to make some noise?! Headed up into the hills today to do some target shooting with a .303 brit, .300 win mag, 12 gauge, .410 and a 10/22 semi-auto. Now my arms are ready to bring in the fish  ;D What did the rest of you guys do?

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 06:50:42 PM »

Lived in a few countries...

Absolutely, positively, definitely the best country in the world.

Happy Canada Day!!

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 07:04:54 PM »

i worked today so happy canada day to all you board members

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 07:12:26 PM »

Yes indeed Chris today is the day the Maple Leaf takes center stage.  Today we stand united, proud of the past and confident of our future. Happy Birthday Canada.

Dynamite kid

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 08:00:54 PM »

Happy Canada day all.Think i'll smoke a Canadian cigar  ;) and listen to some Neil Young,hell I might even blows the dust off the vodka in my cupboard and have a drink(does vodka go bad).Cheers friends and BENT RODS.

Joe Fish

• Here fishy, fishy!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 09:49:42 PM »

DK, I doubt vodka goes bad - use it myself when I feel a cold coming on, you know, as a disinfectant for the throat.

Went out today to Sasamat to celebrate my favourite day of the year (Christmas is right up there, too) by fishing for 'bows.  Finally had a spectacular day, was home in an hour and a half with four beauties. ;D

Have a good one, everyone!