Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: January 1st spey day?  (Read 2419 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
January 1st spey day?
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »

Last year around this time, if my memory serves me right, there was a posting about a spey "tune up" day Jan.1st in Chilliwack. I was working Jan.1st last year and could not attend, but this year I am off!

I got into spey fishing this year February-ish and would love to attend this upcoming function if it is still on. Can someome please let me know?  I believe you had to be a member of a certain website/fishing group. Was it flybc???
My casting is coming along alright. I bought and have watched "Skagit Master" several times. I also have videod myself casting a few times to try and self diagnose some casting faults.
It would be nice to shoot the breeze with some other spey anglers and have someone watch me cast and hopefully point out some things I could improve on.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: January 1st spey day?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »

The New Year Day spey event is usually hosted by flybc.ca, at the run just above the railway bridge. I haven't seen a post about this year's event so not sure if it is happening, you may want to ask about it there.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »

Thank you Rodney I will check out there site!

If anyone else has any info please post here. Thank you.

ajransom

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 07:28:15 AM »

Michael and Young are having their annual Spey Clave on Sat, 29th March 2015. Should be fun...

http://www.myflyshop.com/MYspeyclv.html

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »

It's not happening on that date this year.  Postponed to a later date that has not been announced yet.