Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grey Cup Game tomorrow.  (Read 6020 times)

arimaBOATER

Grey Cup Game tomorrow.
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »

Stamps vs Tigercats.
Stamps deserve to win after their great season.
Hamilton made it to the Grey Cup last year as well & had to play in Regina against the home team Saskathewan Roughriders.
Talk about an uphill battle. Green Rider fans cheering & going "nuts".
More of a neutral place to have the game ( Vancouver ) & it will be perfect field conditions.
Both teams have young confident QBs & some explosive players. Well coached.
Though the Stamps are a better team on paper & in the W/L I'd nevertheless like it if Hamilton gets the win & becomes the 2014 Grey Cup Champions.
Losing 2 x in a row is a bitter pill to take.
Go Hamilton Go.
To be honest if the Stamps win I'd be happy also because they are a great organization.
When you look at the sidelines the coaches are so tuned in to what's happening thus you know this team is lead from the heart & has passion.
Winning team so joyous & losing one so sad.
Let's just hope it's a close & exciting game. Hopefully both teams will leave the nerves in the dressing room & just play to their best abilities.

Congrads to both teams to get this far.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:39:10 AM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Grey Cup Game tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:27:36 PM »

Very much looking forward to it. I'll be there. Hope it's a high scoring entertaining game.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »

FA you should have a great time.
Maybe you should run onto the field as the 2nd half starts.
Run down the field & try to make a tackle.  ;D
Grey Cup history.
Just kidding of course as anyone who'd try that gets a 1 way guided tour to the exit door.

Wonder if the roof will be closed?
May be warmer if they do.
I'll be watching with my 89 yr old dad on his 60 in boob tube.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 11:57:24 PM »

The roof will definitely be closed. I was down at the Convention Centre and saw a group of Rider fans in kilts and t-shirts. I guess they're used to what we Vancouverites consider as cold.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »

Great atmosphere at the Grey Cup. Calgary defeated Hamilton 20-16 to take the 102nd Grey Cup

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 09:20:29 PM »

The roof will definitely be closed. I was down at the Convention Centre and saw a group of Rider fans in kilts and t-shirts. I guess they're used to what we Vancouverites consider as cold.
Plus a horse in some hotel downtown. Horse even given a glass of beer.
As for the game ... I found it quite exciting.
 Did you see players slipping on the field?
Maybe they wore the wrong shoes as many players were slipping just like they were playing on packed snow?????
Being a Lion fan it was an exciting game. If I were a Hamilton fan I'd be pulling out my hair.

Hamilton could of won this game with all their chances. Blocked field goal, plus settled for 3pts 3 times when they should of had 2 TDs.
Then they get a TD on the run back with mere seconds to go in the game for the win ONLY for a flag to be thrown. OUCH. A light push on some players backslid.
Stamps did make plays in the 1st half.
Stamps play calling & execution was so good. Tigercats had no idea how to stop the Stamps for 50% of the game. Mitchell QB had 6 secs or more to pick out his recievers.
If any pressure came he 'd simply run across the field to buy more time.
Too many mistakes in this game to call it a classic but the score was close.
Hamilton QB had 3 secs to get the ball away & was rushed all day & many times sacked.
Thru it all they made it close & got that TD by Banks.
Called back as mentioned.
Hamilton loses 2 x in a row in the Grey Cup.
The way they lost & that penalty that killed them at the end all adds up to a bitter pill the size of a beach ball to swallow.
Kent Austin has been a head coach in this league for a total of 3 years & he has been to the Grey Cup as coach 3x.
Record 1 win ( Rider head coach )
2 losses (Hamilton head coach)
Good for the Stamps to win though as their record was 15-3 during the reg. season so they deserved to win.
You just know Hamilton fans are shaking their heads & plus many possibly had big $$$$ bet that their team would get the W. Hamilton was in the red zone so many times only to get field goals or a blocked field goal.
Can you imagine seeing that run for a TD & cheering that they have won the Cup & in some cases big $$$$ won too on a bet !!!
Only for the red flag to be tossed. Illegal block on the run back.
The spoils,cheering & joy for the winners & only sadness for the Hamilton players coaches & fans. Must be hard on the heart.
Huf the Stamp head coach was so so happy & his team.

Get 1st place in this league & 2 wins & your the Grey Cup Champions.
That's exactly what the Stamps did. Congrads.
In a Grey Cup the game is so so intense the game goes by so fast. Stamps in the last 15 minutes were fading & Hamilton coming on.
Clock ran out just in time. If the game went on any longer Hamilton possibly gets the Cup.
Tide was changing quickly.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:28:09 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 09:57:46 PM »

I didn't see any players slipping. The Calgary horse was in the south end zone. Instead of running the length of the field when the Stamps score, it ran the width of the end zone. There were a lot of officials, cameramen etc. on the sidelines. It would be very dangerous to have a full grown horse running full tilt down the sidelines. What a great finish ! Hamilton scored on what appeared to be the winning touchdown on a spectacular return by Banks, only to have it nullified by an illegal block penalty.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:24:54 PM »

FA at least 5 x I seen players suddenly slip & fall.
Just like the grip was non existent.
Banks last week ran for 2 run back TDs & had a 3rd one called back because of a flag.

Today he runs for another TD run back only for the flag to be thrown. All for not.
Just imagine the outcome if that play counted.
Only 35 secs was left on the clock thus assume Hamilton gets the Cup & since Banks got a TD on a passing play & on run back ( if it counted. ) he would of gotten the MVP award.

Crazy! Just shows how very important one play can be.
Plus that illegal block was not needed as Banks beat out the tackler as he was already breaking to the right & then turned up field.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 12:04:05 AM »

I agree. If Hamilton had won the game, the obvious MVP would be Banks.