Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LOST (NOW FOUND!!): Tackle Box Full of Sturgeon Gear at Mission Boat Launch  (Read 5417 times)

longrifle

Hey folks,

I was out sturgeon fishing on Sunday, November 16/14, we launched out of the Mission Boat Launch, just east of the train bridge.

We returned to the dock at around 4:15 pm, loaded the boat, drove up the ramp out of the main parking lot and pulled into the small parking lot (right hand side of road) approx. 150 metres east of the launch. This is where we transferred gear into the back of the truck and secured the boat...We left the parking lot at around 4:30 pm.

My box either fell out of the boat on the way up the ramp/out of the main parking lot, which is unlikely, or it was forgot on the ground at the smaller parking lot... :-[ :'(

So, if anyone has heard of someone finding a tackle box full of sturgeon gear please let me know! Many thanks!

joel
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:03:17 PM by longrifle »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: LOST: Tackle Box Full of Sturgeon Gear at Mission Boat Launch
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »

Joel I just put this up on our Facebook page and will include it in our Lower Mainland fishing report later on today. Hopefully you'll get it back.

longrifle

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »

awesome, thanks Rod!!

joel

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »

I hope someone turns in your stuff. That's a real bugger to lose an entire kit, not cheap to replace.

Fraserriversafari

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:48 AM »

Hi joel I found your tackle box. Check your pm box and I will give you my cell number.

Cheers Rob.

longrifle

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 12:01:07 PM »

**UPDATE**

Folks,

I would like to take the time to send a shout out to a great fellow! Rob, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to try and figure out who's tackle box you found back in November! You went above and beyond, I still can't believe I got my box back, especially nearly two months after I lost it!! Thanks again!

joel

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Glad to hear. I gave Rob your email address since it is hidden on the forum so that sped up the connection I hope. More often than not lost items posted here have been recovered and returned to the owners, which suggests that members in the recreational fishing community will always do their best to help each other.