Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 3486 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »

I would be much more concerned with this ...

http://www.bucksuzuki.org/images/uploads/docs/Hidden_Killer.pdf

Actually read this one Chris :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »

I would be much more concerned with this ...

http://www.bucksuzuki.org/images/uploads/docs/Hidden_Killer.pdf

Actually read this one Chris :D
I agree, are you,SS, Abby and others going to also launch a campaign to correct this? You are all very intelligent people and with your knowledge a group like that you should be able to get things changed, take up the challenge Dave as you do not fish these days and have spare time.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 03:47:05 PM »

I agree, are you,SS, Abby and others going to also launch a campaign to correct this? You are all very intelligent people and with your knowledge a group like that you should be able to get things changed, take up the challenge Dave as you do not fish these days and have spare time.

LOL!! sorry, I can't see anything changing anytime soon, and my rod building leaves me little spare time.  I posted that link to get your head around other issues far more important to our salmon resources than fish farming.  Glad you read it and passed it on ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »

LOL!! sorry, I can't see anything changing anytime soon, and my rod building leaves me little spare time.  I posted that link to get your head around other issues far more important to our salmon resources than fish farming.  Glad you read it and passed it on ;D
I am trying to not have so many meetings and commitments, gave up looking after the tackle sale last night to 2 other directors. ;D ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »

Morton says, “We are shocked that DFO would even consider this proposed regulation, setting up a mechanism to kill wild fish to protect farmed salmon. Canada is blatantly ignoring its own federal Inquiry Inquiry into the Decline of Sockeye Salmon in the Fraser River. The Cohen Commission’s recommendations clearly state that DFO must step away from promoting salmon farming and act in accordance with its paramount regulatory objective to conserve wild fish. An industry that refuses to deal with its manure, needs to release chemicals that kill fish and has asked the government to kill wild fish does not belong in Canada’s most valuable fishing grounds.”

Hmmm....who else is ignoring the inquiry findings?  Could it be.....Morton?

I accept the evidence of Dr. Dill and Dr. Noakes that wastes and chemicals discharged at salmon farms are unlikely to have any population level effects on Fraser River sockeye. - Justice Bruce Cohen (Cohen Final Report; Vol. 2; Ch. 5; pg. 113).

norton

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »

I agree dave. Pollution in our rivers and oceans from sewage and other pollutants is the biggest threat to salmon.