Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boat On The Vedder Today  (Read 10394 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Boat On The Vedder Today
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 05:19:26 PM »

Today two boats were running the Vedder River, one behind each other.They were  by Lickman.

Where they looking for floats after the recent high water? ;D

islanddude

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »

Chris. You don't have them all by now? Floats I mean

b8floater

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »

There was a fisherman rescued yesterday out of the river and 911 was called.  Sounds like he was pulled up my rescuers on shore, but I imagine that a call was put out to any boat in the area to assist the rescue.  They probably did a sweep of the river to close out the rescue.  Just connecting some dots, this may, or may not, have been related.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »

Never once did I even consider jets on the river to be there for a rescue. Wow, I guess that would make sense being a river within a boating community.

I hope the rescue was a success with a happy ending. Any word what happened? Did a bank give out or did the fisherman fall during wading? Or did he just get in to far downstream with no way to get back? I see the word "rescue" and not "recovery" - so that's a good sign.

High water fishing is definitely not my favorite - I actually opt not to venture out during high water anymore.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:56:05 PM by Rieber »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »

From FB "I actually saw the guy getting swept down stream near the railroad by blue heron park !:( he was able to hold on to some branches. luckily i was able to run to the other side and pull him out! two other ladys were there who called 911 and made sure he was alright."

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »

from what i have been informed that boat was looking for an individual that had fallen in. S&R was out aswell as rcmp.
Tight lines to all

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

Glad to hear this fisherman made it out alive. Lots of nasty submerged trees which have fallen into the river make quite a trap for a fallen fisherman.

So learning that the boats were S&R and RCMP should put the boats on the river debate to rest.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 08:08:34 PM »

Glad to hear this fisherman made it out alive. Lots of nasty submerged trees which have fallen into the river make quite a trap for a fallen fisherman.

So learning that the boats were S&R and RCMP should put the boats on the river debate to rest.

x2