Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big heap skywater on the way  (Read 6467 times)

sbc hris

Re: Big heap skywater on the way
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:29:39 PM »

ok thanks for setting that straight for me. I do know that the outflow from Ruskin is much stabler than it was many years ago. It wasn't uncommon for the river the rise or fall half a meter or so during the course of day. That doesn't seem to happen with the same frequency. Once in the early 80s after hearing reports of pretty good coho fishing and the river was merely a trickle and chum were stranded in several tiny pools. I moved dozens of fish to a shallow backwater before I was too exhausted to do anymore.

No worries. I've heard that before too, about the river rising and falling on a more regular basis back in the day. Not sure why they've changed the operation of he dam, but the flow does seems pretty stable.

flyguy1

Re: Big heap skywater on the way
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »

I walked down to the Stave river this afternoon flood gates still open and the river is beginning to look more and  more like a lake, " like during the spring freshet".  If rain continues to fall it very well could be the end of the season  this river doesn't drain into the Fraser as fast as you think specially if the Fraser is also high  :-\