Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bass in brunette river  (Read 4216 times)

fish fear me

bass in brunette river
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:12 AM »

I took my son fishing at the brunette for trout and pikeminnow (etc) and was surprised to catch a fair amount of sunfish (pumpkinseed) but I also caught a largemouth bass small and only one but this the last thing the brunette needs there was another fisherman who also encountered some  :'( hopefully they don't get very big  :(

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: bass in brunette river
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »

they've been reported in there off and on for at least 10 years. I live in New West and fish it from time to time but have never caught one myself though I saw a dead one on the bank many years ago. Burnaby Lake was stocked by the bucket brigade many years back and Deer Lake supposedly has a good numbers of bass. I caught a pumpkinseed last week in one of the Surrey streams. All these fish seem to be spreading so widely there seems to be little to be done other than hope they don't do well during the cold high waters of winter.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Speyfitter

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »

I seem to recall something about bass being stocked into Burnaby Lake many, many, years ago. Like early 1900's or something?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »

I heard that as well but I suspect that it either not true or whatever fish were introduced didn't survive.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

barklee

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:19:04 AM »

Yes this is all true caught about 5 this size there plus catfish at the mouth of creek. (Brunette)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:26:37 AM by barklee »

Sam6140

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 05:52:30 AM »

when you say mouth of the creek...I'm not clear where you mean.  Do you mean at Burnaby Lake, by the damn?  sorry...too early in the a.m. lol

Sam6140

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 05:53:00 AM »

Just wondering if they're coming from the lake, via Deer lake.

barklee

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 06:08:23 AM »

mouth of creek to fraser river (sapperton park) just one bass
this was during summer the creek was warm a lot of algae that day also caught medium cat fish

the other bass much further up close to lake in a pool?

fish fear me

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »

there where definetly some bass there a while ago I think they where smallmouth but I'm not sure it was a big issue but I thought it was dealt with its to bad there back id have to guess there coming from deer lake through burnaby lake as there connected in this it looks like this guy catches a bass in burnaby lake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjG8OyUyFU