Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 100 Mile House area  (Read 2601 times)

BUBBA

• I'm a llama!
100 Mile House area
« on: June 26, 2004, 09:15:36 PM »

Just got back from two weeks on Lorin lake(june11 to 26). Started out with crappy weather snow rain hail etc . after four or five days of that the sun came out and really baked our brains for the rest of the trip. The fishing was the slowest I have ever seen it up there. The first couple of days there were some small caddis hatches and you could pick off a few fish on the dry fly after that hatches of any kind were pretty well nonexistant  with most of my fish taken on halfbacks and leeches. Talked to the C.O. up there and he said that Howard lake had a real bad winter kill  so if you plan on heading over there you might want to check that out first. Went down to Fawn and managed to get into a few there as well but it was slower than normal.

FishKid

Re:100 Mile House area
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 09:19:41 PM »

Nice report. However, I'm sure that your trip didn't turn out the way you had hoped.  Atleast you were out in the nature, enjoying the beautiful scenery.

BUBBA

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 09:47:28 PM »

Don't get me wrong I had a great time , the people I go with are a lot of fun and the people that show up to fish there year after year are really nice too. There's lots of information shared ( what's working etc ) I've yet to meet a jerk up there. Besides next year the fishin has to be better so I'm looking forward to it already.

FishKid

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 09:50:49 PM »

I know you had a good time but the fishing could have been better, right BUBBA?

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 11:22:24 PM »

nice report i would say your week was not that bad. :)
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

spring_killer

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 04:33:13 PM »

Nice report, although luck wasnt heading ur way for the fishing..except when you hooked into a couple on Fawn.. :)