Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC Lions head office has guaranteed a "W" on Sunday's game vs SK Roughriders.  (Read 4053 times)

arimaBOATER

Guess we should go out & bet the house on the Lions.

But doesn't this kinda "kick sand in the face " of the Rider team ????
After all they are last years Grey Cup Champs.

They should get fired up for this game after hearing they are predicted to lose by the Lions head office.
The BC Lion players must be pissed at their white collar monkey suit office guys.
Statements like that are known to fire up the opposition.
Maybe the final score will be 50 - 0 for the Riders after the smoke clears & the final seconds tick off the clock.
If the Lion players came out & predicted a win they would be hauled up the carpet into the powers that be "BC Lions head office" & scolded.
On 2nd thought better bet the house on a Rider "W".
They must be stirred like a disturbed hornets nest.

On the boob tube I guess ( record the game ) 4pm start. BC Place.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

There'll be a lot of melon heads in the stadium come Sunday. Hope not too many is in my section.

arimaBOATER

It was a very exciting but weird sort of game.
Looked like the Lions would get the W with the quick 10 pts & with the defense playing great.
As it turns out in the 2nd half the backup QB for SK comes in & does the job. ( moves the ball )
Lulay our star QB comes in & it's a "blank ".
Think BC's Harris was not ready & Logan should of gotten more carries.
Where was some deep throws to our WR 's ?
Everything was short.
Lions D gets an A but offence a F.

Free tickets to the Lion fans next game !
Guess the guarantee given should of been against an eastern team.
FA you were at the game & though I watched a replay ( recorded game ) the fans at the game looked like they were having a good time.
A game with lots of "feeling".

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Yes I was at the home. There were the usual Melon Heads. Fortunately my section is hard core Lions territory so there were only a few Rider fans around me. Lions should have won. Offence was unable to generate any touchdowns. Was Chapdelaine back coaching the offence ? ;) I agree with you that the Lions should have utilized Logan more. (he had 3 receptions and 1 carry in the game) I emailed the Lions asking whether I can get an equivalent discount on my 2015 season tickets. Unfortunately the answer is No. Guess I'll get the free tickets and sell it to the scalpers.