Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Snaggy or Lower Pipeline Bar Access Appeal  (Read 35929 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Snaggy or Lower Pipeline Bar Access Appeal
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »

I've heard that there were like 200 fisherman on this bar on Saturday, and all had no problems going through the trail and no "no trespassing/private property" signs were observed. Did the bar open or was it ever closed at all?
Dude I don't know what trail your talking about but the NO TRESSPASSING SIGNS ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE!

nosey

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »

Bring back the pre 1992 regulations - you want to catch sockeye, go fish the salt chuck. End of the so called parking problem. (a certain Maple Leaf fan would probably love this  ;D)

Haha you'll have to remind that certain Maple Leaf fan that he played a part in bringing in the opening  of the sockeye fishery in the first place. Classic Pandora's Box.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »

Bring back the pre 1992 regulations - you want to catch sockeye, go fish the salt chuck. End of the so called parking problem. (a certain Maple Leaf fan would probably love this  ;D)

Haha you'll have to remind that certain Maple Leaf fan that he played a part in bringing in the opening  of the sockeye fishery in the first place. Classic Pandora's Box.
We all make mistakes in life and it is not backing the Leafs. ;D I also wonder what make`s  top anglers take part, do they need fish that bad they have to take them that way.

nosey

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »

Sorry Chris, I realize that nobody had any idea what a can of worms opening sockeye to sports anglers would open, in 1992 you couldn't even buy a bouncing betty and pretty well everybody out there flossing was using a float with a 6 ft leader and had to work at it to get a limit. Nobody had any idea what kind of devastation that this fishery would bring to the Fraser River. For 150 yrs pretty well every non native on this end of the river that wanted a sockeye bought it off the natives, I for one don't think that was that bad a system and would be quite happy if we went back to it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »

Sorry Chris, I realize that nobody had any idea what a can of worms opening sockeye to sports anglers would open, in 1992 you couldn't even buy a bouncing betty and pretty well everybody out there flossing was using a float with a 6 ft leader and had to work at it to get a limit. Nobody had any idea what kind of devastation that this fishery would bring to the Fraser River. For 150 yrs pretty well every non native on this end of the river that wanted a sockeye bought it off the natives, I for one don't think that was that bad a system and would be quite happy if we went back to it.
At least we most likely will not see another opening for 4 years.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »

possible opening on late run like 2011.