Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Snaggy or Lower Pipeline Bar Access Appeal  (Read 35939 times)

standalone

Re: Snaggy or Lower Pipeline Bar Access Appeal
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »

Doctor said it's a good practice for my social anxiety disorder.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2014, 08:07:10 AM »

I live near scale bar and spend 1 full day after fishing season(plus several afternoons during the season) to clean up the beach.  I have been fishing for years and make a point of respecting the property i cross to go fishing by taking everything with me when i leave.  I'm not in favour of the guy allowing parking on his property as it brings more people to that beach which will mean more cleanup.  Now if the owner is at the beach picking up garbage after all the people he rents space to and provides a toilet on his property then fine with me.  I suspect the District of Hope will have something to say about an unlicensed business.  Revenue Canada may also have some questions.
Unfortunately there are too many people that fish who have no respect for anything or they would have the decency to clean up after themselves.
Good work, if you are interested lets set a date to cleanup this area after the activity ends. The Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society will provide the bags and pickup sticks. Also i am sure i can find some funds to provide some type of BBQ with drinks etc. through the Fraser Valley salmon Society. Can you secure access close to the site for garbage removal etc.? I am sure I can get some media attention. We may take a look at doing some bars down Chilliwack way too. like we did 4 years ago.

We can set up a separate thread once we see when the season ends.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »

Typical replies from some governmmet poster boys. Say what you want from behind the computer. Legitimate fishermen's concerns are reflected by real fishermen there trying to find parking and space to fish. Go check out the sockeye fishing bars and how jammed and crowded they are. If expressing such concerns, the unnecessary limitation of access to popular sockeye bars, the reduction of parking space, if these are garbages in your mind, then you are not representing the concerns of the majority of the fishermen out there for the sockeye. Sad to see such a popular fishing site wanting to take such a nasty position on even just mentioning of such concerns and trying to discus some possibility of solution.

I feel this site has failed my expectation of being the voice of the fishermen and the problems they face. They may not be fishermen according to some of you elitists. But they are real guys and girls, even kids and senior going after a prized fish which some of you don't consider worthy of your time because you oppose the method of harvesting them.

I will not spill more concerns or garbages any more on this site as I am done with this site and will just happily fish and mind my own business. After fishing for 20+ years, I can catch my sockeye from any opening among the trees or rocks along the non tidal Fraser. I don't even need a fishing bar. I don't need any fishing report as I have a vast network of active fishermen exchanging current fishing condition.

Expressing all these 'garbages' is done more for those guys than myself. But with this site and the view of the owner, such motivation is something to be laughed at & jeered. Too bad. You guys can keep on hammering me. Fine, and I am done posting from now on. It has been a good experience posting here. Tight line.
I know you have left this site and will not be reading this but some others especially new readers will.

I have know Rod since 2002 and there has not been many people who have put more time and effort in to making things better, (in simple words) since then for not only us, the recreational angler and most important for the fish and the environment as  well.
 Being nearly 71 I know my time is limited before I will make that last cast but I am glad there is a person like Rod who will continue to do the work he does not only for my son's, and grandchildren but for all of you as well.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

Instead you waste all your hard earned money on the CHANCE you will snag er I mean catch two? Hey I caught two but it cost about 75 $ :)

I love it when people use the argument that they want to "catch" their own sockeye and that is the reason they wont buy them instead. Even though financially it makes sense to buy them by a large margin. Sure their is the odd person that lives within a 5 minute walk to where they can catch them, but that is a very small minority. Saying you want to "catch" them yourself can apply to using a net or in the case of the "fishermen" snagging them. You cannot call yourself a "sport" fisherman when catching sockeye. It is not sporting to snag a fish. Its only sporting when the fish comes and takes your offering willingly.

If your going to be a snagger just say so. I dont even judge those that do, I just wish that anyone who participates in this harvest would just say what it really is.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

GordJ

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 02:36:53 PM »

I love it when people use the argument that they want to "catch" their own sockeye and that is the reason they wont buy them instead. Even though financially it makes sense to buy them by a large margin. Sure their is the odd person that lives within a 5 minute walk to where they can catch them, but that is a very small minority. Saying you want to "catch" them yourself can apply to using a net or in the case of the "fishermen" snagging them. You cannot call yourself a "sport" fisherman when catching sockeye. It is not sporting to snag a fish. Its only sporting when the fish comes and takes your offering willingly.

If your going to be a snagger just say so. I dont even judge those that do, I just wish that anyone who participates in this harvest would just say what it really is.
Great, the "let me tell you how you should do it because I know how you should" crowd is here.
Thank you oh wise fishing god that knows all.
BTW, you forgot to say "I used to floss but I don't since I saw the light." All the non-flossers say that.
I won't call you names if you don't call me names. I have friends that use to go net smelt (when there were smelt) and they called it sport and catching. I have friends that put out bait and catch prawns and crabs and they call it sport and catching. I personally enjoy fishing for socks and it fits my definition of sport. I don't think it is the most challenging fishing I do but I would rather floss sockeyes than sit and watch a sturgeon rod (ooh do we use the gills or the roe from the sockeye my friends caught?) and there is a lot of people who agree with me.  I understand the peer pressure that you are under to put down flossers but I would think that common sense would allow you to say "to each his own" and not feel you have to put us down just to look good to your group.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »

True I did it when it first started and tried it once again to still find it sickening . Your right it just my point of view BUT do I have to go to every forum daily and read the same crap during the season? You know what I mean , IE what color wool were they hitting on or what rock were you standing on or they can't block access the river with " no trespassing" signs on private property. It's stupid!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:40:47 PM by Rantalot »

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 05:00:57 PM »

So... .. what colour wool ARE they biting? ;) tee hee

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »

yawn ::)
If you don't like it, don't do it.
If you like it, fill yer boots.  Every one has individual standards or guidelines in how they conduct their affairs; how boring would it be if we all agreed?

Dave, never flossed and never will, but respects the rights of others to do so.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 05:20:01 PM »

Gord ( if your the same Gord I think you are ) your a fisherman no doubt about it. My biggest problem with this fishery is the people who all of a sudden think they are now fisherman because they can now catch fish. These are the guys who dont fish any other time and just buy a licence every time the sockeye open.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 05:37:46 PM »

These worked like a damn from I heard Dave they are newest hottest color for Sockeye

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »

Those so look good. And would keep my kids entertained too. My go to color of wool and corkie for sockeye is clear. Nothing beats a good clear offering :)

Nayhkilas2009

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2014, 10:13:07 AM »

I've heard that there were like 200 fisherman on this bar on Saturday, and all had no problems going through the trail and no "no trespassing/private property" signs were observed. Did the bar open or was it ever closed at all?

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »

That's because some flosser tore them down! I will make a call to see if the owner might have some cops sit at the trail head and bust you ignorant trespassers >:(

Nayhkilas2009

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:24 PM »

perhaps cops gave up from being called all the time :) or owner is OK since nothing is being done for what appears to be since the opening...

That's because some flosser tore them down! I will make a call to see if the owner might have some cops sit at the trail head and bust you ignorant trespassers >:(

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »

No, I know the owner and he is getting fed up! They asked people not to trespass , they put up signs and they were torn down! You watch next year if there is one flossers will find it very hard to access any bar on  hwy 7. They will have no one to blame but themselves for ignoring landowners private property.