Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trolling Motor Battery Suggestions  (Read 2806 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Trolling Motor Battery Suggestions
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:02:06 PM »

A big help to all of you that have guided me in my new (to me)  boat purchase.   I have it getting some stuff fixed and just recently picked up a Minn Kota 40lb endure Max from Canadian Tire.  They had them on sale for 239.99 so I figured why not.   I have a charger but the last missing piece is the battery.

I was thinking of doing a gel cell but don't see the benefits of it right now.  I want a battery that I am not going to have to worry about it dieing quicker than other batteries.   I did buy the maximize motor for this purpose. 

Now I noticed a guy has reconditioned deep cycles on craigslist but I am sure they are pooched

Wondering what you guys are using and where you got them from. 

Super excited to get this boat in the water and post pictures of its first fish..
see ya on the river

scuntor

Re: Trolling Motor Battery Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »

I got a refurbished at the Battery Exchange in Abby. $40. Working fine for 4 years now.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:06:05 AM »

WalMart deep cycle are a decent battery for the buck and there warranty is good too.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »

Costco has the best deal, it's guaranteed for years. It has a declining rebate for failure over I think 5 years..

redfishbluefish

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:42 PM »

2nd on the Costco deep cycle battery.  I would recommend getting a charger as well to keep it topped up when you're not using it, Canadian Tire has them on sale frequently.  Also try not to fully discharge your battery and check the water level and it should last a while

JustinG

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:46 AM »

Just replaced a second pair of my deep cycle batteries. The Canadian Tire Nautilus bats just seem to last me no more than two seasons. Did a lot of research because I did not want to do this again in two years.  Got a pair of Sears Die Hard Platinum AGMs on sale online and picked up just south of Bellingham. Sears AGMs are made by Odyssey, the best in the business in my opinion. I paid $220 for a 31M not bad since I got quoted $450 for the same Odyssey battery in Vancouver.
Good luck!

fetoid

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »

I'm selling my marine battery if you want to consider it:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/rvs/4591949956.html