Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Request for Rodney or some other kind soul  (Read 1698 times)

TNAngler

Request for Rodney or some other kind soul
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

I fished south of the Island 22 boat launch Monday.  Spent all day yesterday travelling so I haven't had a chance to report it and since I am out of the country, international fees would kill me (and the 800 number is apparently not available from my calling area)

Ok, so south of island 22, where it is really deep, off one of the points (the one directly across from where most of the bar fisherman fish and camp) there is a rope tied up and attached to the rocks.  We saw it since the 16th but on Monday, a swirl happened just as we were passing by and revealed a number of corks about 20 feet off the point.  There is no other indication of a net being there but it was obvious the corks were attached to the rope on the rocks.  Maybe there is no longer a net attached (we can hope but I'm not going to hold my breath) but this is quite a health hazard as I know a number of boats fly through there pretty quickly and some get that close to shore.  Also, who knows what is being caught if there is any part of a net still fishing there.

VA7DDP

Re: Request for Rodney or some other kind soul
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »

Report using the online form.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/rapp/form.htm

Tight lines,
Deven Prasad

TNAngler

Re: Request for Rodney or some other kind soul
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »

Report using the online form.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/rapp/form.htm

Tight lines,
Deven Prasad

Thanks.  Done.  Hopefully they get it pulled out at least.  Anybody fishing in that area watch out as that could cause a sudden stop to a quick trip.