Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fishing off Ambleside park  (Read 9048 times)

Whopperman

fishing off Ambleside park
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »

Any action/luck off ambleside park. Just curious as I'm going out there anyway. I don't think we got enough rain on the weekend to open up the spillway anymore than it is right now, so the fish should still be holding out there.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
Re: fishing off Ambleside park
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

Any action/luck off ambleside park. Just curious as I'm going out there anyway. I don't think we got enough rain on the weekend to open up the spillway anymore than it is right now, so the fish should still be holding out there.

You never know until you go out and do some fishing. ;)

1stlite

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »

If your are going out there to fish anyways, maybe you can let us know if you have any luck.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:04:51 AM »

Depends what you are targeting.

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »

also... wondering...how is it possible you cant swim in these waters right now but people are fishing in them....
see ya on the river

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »

Different exposure pathways and risk levels.  The risk and duration of skin contact and inadvertent ingestion is far higher when swimming in poo impacted water than fishing, unless wading without er waders.  Fecal coliform ingestion through the consumption of cleaned and cooked fish that happen to be caught in poo impacted water is also not a viable exposure pathway. 

If fishing there (particularly on the east side of the Cap estuary, I would not only rinse gear well to protect against salt corrosion but also if your immune system is not 100%, i would also recommend washing your hands and face with soapy water before eating drinking or smoking.

RyanB

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »

I carry hand sanitizer in my fishing backpack and in my car.  I don't drink or eat anything until I clean my hands.  I also never put my fishing line in my mouth to tie knots. 

I have seen fish caught there recently. 
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

Whopperman

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »

You never know until you go out and do some fishing. ;)

You know what I like????   NOT THIS!!!!!

This is a discussion forum, I'm not asking for your favorite secret fishing spot. Hell I'm not even asking what type of lure you are using, I just asked if anyone had been lucky out there. Good luck to you sir/ma'am I'll not be returning to this forum anytime soon. I see this type of posting far too often. What is the point of a discussion forum if you are not discussing anything.

Ambassador

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »

You know what I like????   NOT THIS!!!!!

This is a discussion forum, I'm not asking for your favorite secret fishing spot. Hell I'm not even asking what type of lure you are using, I just asked if anyone had been lucky out there. Good luck to you sir/ma'am I'll not be returning to this forum anytime soon. I see this type of posting far too often. What is the point of a discussion forum if you are not discussing anything.
There is a members fishing reports section where you are far more likely to find out how things are going in specific areas - but as you are fairly green to this forum with less than 50 posts, you cannot view it. Responses like this are not likely going to make you any new friends or get you positive feedback.

Get out there and go fish Ambleside if for nothing more than to relax. If you are going to strictly catch fish and nothing else, you are going to be disappointed.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 04:06:56 PM »

My buddy reported he saw a couple caught this morning on spinning gear.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 04:38:35 PM »

Just consider it a little hazing.  Seems to happen on all the fishing forums.  I think your past the worst part  ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »

If that's hazing, I'd hate to know what the stuff I delete are…

This is a discussion forum.

You're right, it's a discussion forum. leapin' tyee can freely express his opinion, as long as it is within the forum guidelines. You can also freely like or dislike his opinion, but if that discourages you from participating further, then an online discussion forum is not for you.

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »

I've gotten one small hatchery hoe off Ambleside over the past week. There are fish there at the right tides, it's getting them to bite that is the problem haha.

fisharoo

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »

Man, I've been a member for what, over a year now? It's hard work rack'n up those 50 posts unless you get into a flame war.

SkagitDreamer

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 08:32:40 PM »

I didn't even know about the 50 post thing  ::)
There is pleasure in the pathless woods

George Gordon Byron