Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to Fly Fish in North Van  (Read 2988 times)

HooeyB

Where to Fly Fish in North Van
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »

Hey guys so i just moved to BC a few weeks ago and i've been to rice lake a few times but was wondering where else i can fly fish.. any ideas?

Funeral Of Hearts

Re: Where to Fly Fish in North Van
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:04:11 PM »

Depending the weight of your fly rod you could try the mouth of the Capilano or the surrounding beaches for coho. They should be stacking up at the mouth.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:11:49 PM »

Depending the weight of your fly rod you could try the mouth of the Capilano or the surrounding beaches for coho. They should be stacking up at the mouth.

Just be wary of the natives (Indians) because they can be very territorial near the mouth especially if your on their land. Almost took a giant treble in the face while we came into the mouth years ago just checking out where all the coho were  :o
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

HooeyB

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »

ya not sure if fi wanna fish on native land.... the mouth of the cap is all native isn't it? plus i dont have salt water gear yet.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »

the east shore is Native, The west shore is Ambleside Park, which belongs to the city. 
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Castor

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »

there are streches on the seymour that are fly only, haven't tried them myself, I like ambleside beach. just make sure you go in when the veterans start leaving or you're gonna have to swim for it ;)
I'd fish that

Ambassador

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »

the east shore is Native, The west shore is Ambleside Park, which belongs to the city.
Don't bother on the WestVan side between the Bridge road bridge and the train bridge. That is their weir section and unless you are First Nations - you are not really welcome there unless it is just to say hello and talk fish. The ones I have met there are friendly and will often tell you what time the fish are around and the bite is on.

Between the train bridge and the ocean is nice though. Go grab some of Andre's Euphausiids from Pacific Angler and you are good to go. See you there!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:14:09 PM by Ambassador »
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown