Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LA Kings are 2013/14 Stanley Cup Champions !  (Read 4045 times)

arimaBOATER

LA Kings are 2013/14 Stanley Cup Champions !
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »

2nd Cup in 3 years is a great feat!

Canucks in the NHL since early 70s & zero Cups.

30 teams & a team wins it 2x in a short span.

Lots of good teams out there Bruins, Habs, Pens, Sharks, Ducks,Stars,Blackhawks,Rangers..

Rangers nearly won it in OT but shots either hit the post or crossbar.
One shot was at a wide open net as the LA goalie was out of position, & the puck hit a LA defenseman's hockey stick shaft & deflected over the net !!!!!
Gee Friday the 13th strikes again :(

If these shots were 1 inch this or that way it's a goal & the series would shift to New York 3-2 in games for LA & it's game on!!!

Rangers got stronger as the series went on.
They came slow out of the gates & got behind quick 3-0 in games.

Rangers goalie also played better & great as the series went on. Ludquist or whatever his name is.

Even though the Kings are Champs 4 games to 1 it easily could of been a longer series if the Rangers got some puck luck.

Kings really surprised me because they are big strong guys & thought they would tire.
Not the case. They were all over the ice & quick.

Talking about Quick the Kings goalie, he played super.
Game 7 in Chicago & the Hawks scoring two quick goals & LA comes back & wins !
Was it against the Sharks LA was behind 3-0 in games , only to come back & win 4 straight!
Same against the Ducks they got behind but came back.

Think I got the above right.
Regardless the Kings fought & never gave up & they are the champions.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:48:56 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: LA Kings are 2013/14 Stanley Cup Champions !
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »

Very deserving champs. Coming back from 2 series in which they trailed 0-3

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »

--Thanks... didn't know what happened because I refuse to watch the game on USA television.
--I guess this is the NEW Future of Our game.... Maybe they should change the name to US big bucks Hockey league.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:43:44 AM »

--Thanks... didn't know what happened because I refuse to watch the game on USA television.
--I guess this is the NEW Future of Our game.... Maybe they should change the name to US big bucks Hockey league.

Can understand your viewpoint nevertheless it was very good hockey. 
Actually the finals had good hits & playmaking but good sportsman's ship.

No dirty play.
Looking back I enjoyed seeing some history after all I'm 59 yrs old.
Danny Galivan ( sp ?  ) Foster Hewitt & Jim Robson. Robson in my humble view was the great play by play guy as he described the plays perfectly & raised his voice & talked faster on near scoring or scoring plays. He'd always wish the best for all the shut in who could not get out to the games. People at home, hospitals , senior homes (& prisons too I assume  :o )

Flyer's had a lot of dirty players in the 70's goon hockey but if they stuck to hockey these guys could play great.

Canada should get the Stanley Cup soon. Have we not 6 teams ? We should get a Champion every 5-6 years via the odds. Been 20 years now.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:32 AM »

--I like the current state of the game over all. It is the new TV monopoly contract that is of concern.
--If the Canucks get some players worth watching you can bet more of the games will be on pay per view or on a "special channel package"
--I have nothing against watching or supporting local teams but watching the Giants vs NHL teams is a different game.
--I can't afford to watch NHL in person any more so TV is the only way to get the fix.

--That is unless I go to Phoenix. In a week where Phoenix has multiple games... air fair, hotel and game tickets is cheaper than going to Vancouver.

--It is still hard to believe that the Stanley cup final was not on a Canadian TV station.

dflyer

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:02:53 AM »

The West will own the cup for the next couple years i think.   Bruins are only real contenders, maybe Pens if they can make some minor changes and move on.
But either way I thought it was the best playoff  that I can remember.  So good. And so many great teams.  Kings beat potential cup winners right through their rounds.   Very deserving.  Any one of them could be winners. 

arimaBOATER

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 02:32:56 AM »

ska ha you stated that the finals was not on a Canadian ch. ?

I watched all the Stanley Cup final games between LA Kings & the NY Rangers on CBC tv.
The teams had some 2 day off & played on the 3rd night.