Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alberni Sox  (Read 1839 times)

blueback

Alberni Sox
« on: June 20, 2004, 09:32:35 PM »

Just got back from a trip to Alberni Inlet with the 'Admiral'. We took his 171/2 ft boat over for some trolling and managed to box 13 fish in two days between us ;D ;D 8). We lost more than we kept. The fish we were on today were totally acrobatic; hook 'em and wait for 'em to come flying up outta the water and hope that hook stays in. Had a few triple headers ; lots of fun! ;D Fish all seem to be quite large for this early in the year. Can't wait to go back there at the end of the month. I also can't wait to get home from work tommorrow so I can feast on some BBQ sockeye!

FishKid

Re:Alberni Sox
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:35:06 PM »

Great report Blueback,  you must have had a lot of fun out there.

blueback

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 10:07:59 PM »

Ya thanks Robert, we had an awsome time! Can't wait to go back with my boat on the long weekend! :)

blueback

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 05:06:54 PM »

We were using all kinds of things until I insisted my friend and I switch to what worked the last time I was there; small pink hootchies and a small pink apex spoon. First day the apex slayed them with minimal action on the hootchies. Second day the apex only produced two fish and the rest were on the hootchies. Go figure!