Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing shops across the border?  (Read 3665 times)

MetalAndFeathers

Fishing shops across the border?
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »

Im going to Washington tommorow around maybe the Belingham area.Anyone know of any fishing shops around there?

thanks

Archer

Re: Fishing shops across the border?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:41:22 AM »

Go a little further to the Premium Outlets in Marysville and visit Cabella's.  Its right off the highway in the parking lot of the outlet mall.
In Bellingham I just swing by walmart or Fred Meyers but most items are not any cheaper unless you find a sale on a larger item like a rod/reel, waders, etc. With 10% on the dollar, you will find you are best to stick to BC's local tackle shops. But Cabella's is an experiance worth driving too :)

wallygator24

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »

If you are on your way to Bellingham you can stop by in Lynden, WA and hit Dave's Sport Shop.  He has an awesome fishing section and fly shop as well.  Great service too.  In Bellingham you can hit Yeager's Sporting goods.  I like Dave's shop my self, but that's just me.  Good luck on your decision. 

Humpy

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »

I second Dave's Sport Shop, they have everything there, I bought some nice rod and reel combos from them. Very nice and helpful people there.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Archer

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 02:09:05 PM »

Is Dave's any less expensive then the local Independent fishing shops? With 10% on the dollar, is it worth it, or do they have something different? I shop in the USA frequently, online mostly and pick up in Blaine, but I find my go to for fishing gear in the Langley area is Army & Navy or Fred's.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »

I'd check out Cabellas as well if you have never been.  It's easy to find (right of the I-5 highway) and has a huge selection.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »

Thanks guys i already knew about the cabelas but i dont think we will be going that far.Ill give daves a look.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 05:10:41 PM »

Yeager's in Bellingham has some coupons out there for $10 off of $50 or $20 off of $100.  You can probably find them online.  Cabela's has the occasional good deal, but I find 90% of their gear is way overpriced.  Seriously, though, Dave's is where it's at. 

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 06:17:54 PM »

Go the extra 20minutes to Burlington. take the second exit into Burlington and you'll pass an outdoors store next to the McDonalds. their prices were very good compared to here when I was there last. Got a huge pile of stuff for making blades, cost me $60 and here would have been double
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

lapa

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »

Go the extra 20minutes to Burlington. take the second exit into Burlington and you'll pass an outdoors store next to the McDonalds. their prices were very good compared to here when I was there last. Got a huge pile of stuff for making blades, cost me $60 and here would have been double
X2

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 09:36:10 PM »

Holiday sports the one you're talking about HOOK?
I really like that one too!

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »

Another vote for holiday sports in Burlington.

The only thing Cabelas has over them is size.

TNAngler

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 11:05:29 AM »

If you are on your way to Bellingham you can stop by in Lynden, WA and hit Dave's Sport Shop.  He has an awesome fishing section and fly shop as well.  Great service too.  In Bellingham you can hit Yeager's Sporting goods.  I like Dave's shop my self, but that's just me.  Good luck on your decision.

Agree.  Actually went to school with Dave's son so I am very familiar with him and most of the people that work there even though I am not in the area but a week or so a year.  They know what they are talking about and the pricing hasn't seemed too bad.  They are good people that will treat you right.  Guess it probably doesn't help that I have been shopping there for over 30 years (it has changed names a couple times, was an Ace Hardware for some time, started out as something different, but Dave has always been a part of it.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »

Holiday sports the one you're talking about HOOK?
I really like that one too!

Sounds like that's the one  :)

It was also nice when Wholesale Sports used to be in Burlington as well. They had good prices on Owner hooks which I prefer over anything else
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/