Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trip to Whitehorse in August  (Read 986 times)

Hoop71

Trip to Whitehorse in August
« on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »

Well I might be headed for Whitehorse for about 3 days at the end of August and would like to know if anyone has any experience there with guides etc.

Looking to do 2 full days of fishing and not looking to spend too much $$$.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Cheers

drogonfly

Re: Trip to Whitehorse in August
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »

Try Dalton trail lodge. They guide on the Kathleen river, Kathleen lake, desdeash lake and they do some other quad in lakes for pike. If you are close to Whitehorse they are a good choice. If you have a car drove to the Kathleen and toss some flies. It's one of the only rivers in the Yukon with naturally occurring rainbow trout. Kathleen lake has some huge lake trout.  I lived up there for the last few years.

islanddude

Re: Trip to Whitehorse in August
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »

Worked in Whitehorse in the early 80's. There were 3 lakes within a 15min. drive of  Whitehorse. They all had planted rainbows in them. One was Scout lake. Chadden was another and I don't remember the third's name but that one was really close to town. Rainbows up to 14lbs. in one of them.
   All the little streams in the area have grayling in them. If you are real adventurous you could drive over to Haines Alaska and have some spectaclular coho and chum fishing in the two rivers there.