Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stolen - Merc 20  (Read 3502 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Stolen - Merc 20
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:16:56 PM »

Hey folks.  Please be on the lookout for my motor.  It was just stolen off of my boat, they wrecked the transom in the process.

Snap pics or whatever you can do if you see a motor matching this description.  There are some identifiable (by me) markings on the motor.  It has been in my family since new, I'd like to have it back.

Thanks Everyone,

D.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Stolen - Merc 20
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »

I was just talking to the manager of the local Canadian tire today and he told me that he just had the motor from his boat stolen aas well. His motor was a 50 horse mercury, I wonder if there are even more people that have had their motors stolen as well.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:57:50 PM »

Yeah, its frustrating...

Although, the motor has some issues, I hope it leaves the theif stranded on the Fraser.

Leads me to wonder why increasingly you see "blacked out" motors.  Pretty sure its not just to clean up the look of an older or to mask the HP for restricted lakes.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »

Thought I would resurect this.  Its been a while, maybe it has resurfaced.

And also to bring to light that we as a community can do a lot to be on the lookout of each other's stuff that has grown legs.

I saw a motor that was VERY similar on Kijiji.  I told the seller I was interested in it for parts, and asked him to send me a pic of a particular area of the motor.  The ad was then taken down right away.

Bastards.