Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: family fishing near mission  (Read 2927 times)

robbo1970

family fishing near mission
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »

Just recently moved to mission, and now that the steelhead season is drawing to a close, I am looking to get out the bar fishing and sturgeon gear for the summer.

I am going  to be fishing with with my boy, who is nearly three, and take g the rest of the family along for a picnic/sunbathe. My wife like matsui trail by the side of mission bridge, any, and saw a couple.of lads chucking hardware there. Anyone had any luck there?

We also went out took a look at gill road and peg leg, at least I thought it was peg leg. At gill road can you drive out onto the bar?

Can't wait to see my boys face if we get into a good salmon or sturgeon, he was so excited when he landed a small trout at the local campsite. :-)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: family fishing near mission
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »

You have an email addy? If so send it to me or post and I will send you some Info when I get home from work.

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »

I have never hooked anything at that spot near the bridge, but then again I have only fished it three times. I have seen salmon surfacing there within casting distance though so it might be worth a look when the fish start coming in in numbers.
Its tough to find good shore spots to bar fish for salmon. Im always looking for a decent one. I refuse to stand shoulder to shoulder with the crowds.

robbo1970

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:17:03 PM »

Email sent Rantalot.

Here's my email address in case it didn't come through, roboakley1811@gmail.com .

Thanks

Archer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 12:17:49 PM »

rantalot can help ya.  Right now Poplar Bar has lots of clean sand! Plunk worms for the kids and they will catch wee Peamouth Chubs, and you can plunk Lamprey with the heavy gear and winch in a Sturgeon.  Freshet is on, so the Dino's are coming into the Channels, including Poplar area.

Archer

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »

Oh and bring sand toys for when the kids get bored...it will buy you more fishing time  8)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »

Just recently moved to mission, and now that the steelhead season is drawing to a close, I am looking to get out the bar fishing and sturgeon gear for the summer.

I am going  to be fishing with with my boy, who is nearly three, and take g the rest of the family along for a picnic/sunbathe. My wife like matsui trail by the side of mission bridge, any, and saw a couple.of lads chucking hardware there. Anyone had any luck there?

We also went out took a look at gill road and peg leg, at least I thought it was peg leg. At gill road can you drive out onto the bar?

Can't wait to see my boys face if we get into a good salmon or sturgeon, he was so excited when he landed a small trout at the local campsite. :-)
Did you get out before the rains came ?

robbo1970

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »

No we didn't make it, family stuff and all that, will try tomorrow if the weather brightens up. Picked up some oolies from Fred's, so at least it just up and go. Got to do rear brakes on my discovery tomorrow too, so may have to leave it till evening time this week.

You get out?

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:23:04 AM »

Friday afternoon I did, tried the new spot and it produced ,looks like it will be a good when the river clears up :)

Archer

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »

New spot? Poplar Bar or was Zipper Mouth Creek  :-X

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »

New spot :)