Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: where can i fish in richmond?  (Read 5946 times)

gama

• I'm a llama!
where can i fish in richmond?
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:47:34 PM »

???
I am a fishing newer. I don't know where is the better place  to  go fishing in richmond. I just has the tidal water licence. So, where is the good place for fishing in richmond? Thank you!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re:where can i fish in richmond?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 10:59:58 PM »

Gosh, there are so many places. For starters, try the pier by No. 3 Road, Garry Point, Dump Bar (off No. 6 Rd), end of No. 5 Road. Good luck !

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:05:38 AM »

Ambleside is where you wanabe if you dig pier fishing ;D hehe ya #3 is great. because of the moving water, the fight is extra fun on light tackle ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 12:06:36 AM »

Make sure you do a search in the discussion forum and look through the articles in the article archives for the above question. You'll find most of the answers there.

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 12:48:42 AM »

What type of fish can you catch there? flounders?  What type of tackle would you use?  All i know how to do is fraser river, flossing for salmon.  :-[  I know that's sad but if the fishing is good in richmond than I will be there with my salmon gear!!! 10' 6 rod with 30 lbs test line, hmm i guess that is a bit heavy for 2-3 lbs fish.  

I looked at the search and didnt really find what type of tackle people use there, except of roe.  DO lures work? buzz bombs?  Would I catch anything if I used a buzz bomb casted as far as i can and reeling it back.  Or the waiting game is the only way to catch those fish I saw. bull trout and suckers?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:03:54 AM by gmoney »

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 02:51:05 AM »

Again ambleside has everything ;D hehe.  well only fish i ever caught at #3 was bullheads/chubs... dont know about lures and buzzbombs. because of the moving water. i drift fished with a float. worked great for me.

otto

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 07:28:19 AM »

yo Gmoney....strip off that heavy line and buy yourself a spool of 4 - 8 LB test line. it is a little more versatile than using 30LB test winch cable   ;D ;D ;D

Willowbarkus

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 08:33:05 AM »

I have caught salmon off the dyke on the south arm of the Fraser River. I use buzzbombs and zingers in September to get them. I don't know about this time of year though.
Roe on a bar rig is a gaurantee to get you lots of chub and bullheads anywhere along the dyke on the north or south arm of the river.  
Carole

gmoney

• I'm going to try to catch a fish!!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 09:14:37 AM »

When you guys say roe, is it the one in pouches (egg+square fine mesh)? Or those fake ones like power bait?  

senpai

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 05:43:10 AM »

I don't have a car so I must rely on the bus system.  I need to know if it is far to walk to the piers at the foot of No 2 and 3 Road from Steveston and 2 or 3 road.  How long will it take to walk to the pier at the foot of No 3 road from Steveston and No 3.  Is there a bus that will take me to Garry Point? Also what can be caught at this time of year at these fishing spots?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

badboi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 08:11:09 AM »

not sure exactly where the bus system goes to but go to translink.ca for the routes. But you could also Bike to your fishing spot from the bus stop (if you dont have much fishing gear)

senpai

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 10:57:41 AM »

I live around No 3 road and Steveson, and I want to know how far of a walk it is from there to the No 3 road pier?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 01:32:59 PM »

I think it's about 2 kms.

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 09:22:05 PM »

use a bike,  it may be faster from steveston to the pier