Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Online tackle stores  (Read 4843 times)

KarateKick

Online tackle stores
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:18:13 PM »

Can you recommend good online stores for lures or lure components?

The only recommendation I've seen is Fisherman Shack:
http://www.fishermanshack.net/

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Online tackle stores
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:42 PM »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:55:14 PM »

Janns net craft, hagens is also a good one. I use all 4 that have been mentioned.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »

www.lurepartsonline.com  is one I have used for a few things.

Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Golfer

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

My vote goes to fishermans shack.  Just remember if you are ordering spinner blades or bodies don't cheap out and get nickle.  Spend the extra 15 cents per blade or so and get genuine silver plate or genuine gold plate.  This will be the difference between no fish days and multiple fish days.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:36:03 PM »

My vote goes to fishermans shack.  Just remember if you are ordering spinner blades or bodies don't cheap out and get nickle.  Spend the extra 15 cents per blade or so and get genuine silver plate or genuine gold plate.  This will be the difference between no fish days and multiple fish days.

the nickel blades have their place as well in the right water conditions and time of year.

KarateKick

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:29 AM »

Do these places offer free (or almost free) shipping if I order just a few items?

firebird

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »

I've been using nickle and brass blades for years and have never bought silver or gold plated. I've done just fine, thanks.

Golfer

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 10:01:52 AM »

I've been using nickle and brass blades for years and have never bought silver or gold plated. I've done just fine, thanks.

I didn't mean that they don't catch, as I have caught my fair share of fish on nickle as well. I'm sure you have caught a lot more then me though ,as I am just learning to river fish for coho, but I personally tend to do better with the silver.

Do these places offer free (or almost free) shipping if I order just a few items?

Most of them will offer free shipping over $75 or something similar.  If they are american companies, it will be cheapest to ship them to a post office box in the US.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:03:44 AM by Golfer »

firebird

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »

I didn't mean that they don't catch, as I have caught my fair share of fish on nickle as well. I'm sure you have caught a lot more then me though ,as I am just learning to river fish for coho, but I personally tend to do better with the silver.

The silver and gold hold their finish better. I have to eventually polish up the cheap ones and they never look as good as brand new again. However, I tend to lose them before they get too tarnished :-[. That may be why I go for the cheaper blades.

KarateKick

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 01:29:52 AM »

Most of them will offer free shipping over $75 or something similar.

I'll have to piggyback on someone else's purchase because I'm not buying a lot and the shipping charge is a bit prohibitive :'(

Golfer

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »

Most of them will offer free shipping over $75 or something similar.

I'll have to piggyback on someone else's purchase because I'm not buying a lot and the shipping charge is a bit prohibitive :'(

Although it may seem a bit absurd to spend $75 on lures at one time, you can get materials and parts to build 45-50 high quality spinners, for less than $2 a piece, and the supply of lures will last you a couple of years.  If you were to individually buy a couple lures at time from a tackle shop, you will be easily paying $4-7 per lure, and spending $200+ for you next 50 lures.  In the long run, it is way cheaper to buy bulk at one time than to buy smaller quantities at different times. 

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:03:04 PM »

As fly fishing magician will attest,  copper colorados in size 3's and 4's were slaying the ho's in our spot last year.  No more than 50 cents a piece to make.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »

I order alot of spinner making supplies from the states and not one supplier offers free shipping to Canada. Now I dont know if they will do it to one of those shipping places just over the border. With me no longer able to drive I just pay to have it shipped right to my door.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day