Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corkie or no corkie for this years Fraser bottom bouncing - are you going naked?  (Read 4582 times)

Rieber

• Old Timer

Sorry but I still like a small watermellon corkie and green or chartreuse wool for sockeye and red wool with the same corkie for Springs.

I know some like to go nakey with no corkie - how about you?

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!

the secret, and i learned this from a real good fisherman, is to use three corkies above your hook.
One green one red and one blue! in that order. Drives the fish wild~

Rieber

• Old Timer

the secret, and i learned this from a real good fisherman, is to use three corkies above your hook.

You must have picked that up from the girl that runs Hub Sports now. Ohhh - my bad. Just kidding - but no seriously. No, no, no - she's nice and doing much better now than when she first took over. She's softened up now and clearly tries to help since she's had a few years to learn. Actually, she's been running Hubs for quite a few years now, hasn't she? Plus she used to work the Mission shop for quite a while. Good for her - I've grown to like her so I won't joke about Hubs. I sure miss Roger though.

Anyways - three corkies you say? That should cover all the salmon flavours when they all show up. That sounds like a Peg Leg Special. I guess every second year you can add a pink corkie.

liketofish

• Old Timer

Looks like sockeye like the colours of national flags of some nation. So what county does that make? ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer

I use a single medium sized corky and a 2/0 hook. I like the orange salmon pattern for Chinook and pretty much any chartreuse one will work for sockeye. I have played with my corky size, hook size, with/without wool and leader thickness for many years and I have it fine tuned well enough now that I am normally done with my two sockeye in less than 10 casts  ;)

The less amount of time I need to spend in the zoo of BBing the better

my best day so far was 3 casts and went home with 2 sockeye and my spring  :o next trip out I took 4 casts to land both my sockeye. Once the Adams run hits the river I put away the levelwind and grab the spey, these larger sockeye will take a fly readily if its put in front of them and they are a lot of fun !!
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Ian Forbes

I always go naked when bottom bouncing, but my Thai girlfriend doesn't want me to take pictures of it. And, Rodney wouldn't allow me to post them if she did.

Rieber

• Old Timer

You might be in great shape for your age Ian, but even the most plump, finest grapes eventually shrivel up and get all wrinkled if you leave them hanging on the vine for too long.

Fishing naked eh? Well one of two things are going to happen, either you get the place to yourself or you attract the wrong type of fishermen who want to take their rod for a dip. Not that there's anything wrong with that - just not for me.

Daguru

I think the corky gives a slight edge, so I use it as much as possible

brandooner

hahahaha  ;D
The Fishin' Musician!

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

throwing on a little spinning-glo drives the socks mad!

Ian Forbes

You might be in great shape for your age Ian, but even the most plump, finest grapes eventually shrivel up and get all wrinkled if you leave them hanging on the vine for too long.

In that case I'll just ride off into the sunset...

Rieber

• Old Timer

In that case I'll just ride off into the sunset...

Priceless.  ;)