Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jones/Wahleach Lake  (Read 4713 times)

A Frayed Knot

Jones/Wahleach Lake
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »

I am thinking about planning a overnight trip before I head up there for the long weekend. I wanted to know a couple things, it looks kinda big but is it do able from a float tube? I also have a kayak but I don't have the roof rack to bring it + all my camping gear, so I am hoping my tube will do it justice.

I can't seem to find any stocking reports, I usually use gofishbc to find out recent stocking info.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Jones/Wahleach Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »

The best fly fishing grounds are perfectly reachable with a float tube from the campground. Just make sure not to get too close to the spillway.
Pay close attention to all boating signs and you will be fine.
There is an underwater island near the creek mouth - if you hit it right, you will have a great day.
Beaded green and olive sparkly chenille leeches for rainbows; mickey finns and stickleheads for cutthroats.

Still too early to go. I wouldn't bother before mid April.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »

Thanks for the info! I wasn't planning to do any fishing until easter weekend. But I wanted to scope it out.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »

Went for a drive up there yesterday afternoon cause I was bored. Still a foot of snow and totally frozen over. Was snowing with a few inches of fresh stuff too. The road was good though no problems except the last bit into the camp. No problems with a 4x4 though.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »

Oh, wow seriously? Well hopefully it clears up. I was planning to visit Mike Lake since I have my share of free time this week. I am betting its probably in similar condition.

colin6101

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »

Mike lake is a lot lower elevation then Jones and should be completely clear. I believe that they have even stocked it already this year.