Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost at Bailey Bridge Cheakamus  (Read 3429 times)

PhilDickinson

Lost at Bailey Bridge Cheakamus
« on: March 12, 2014, 08:58:21 AM »

Really dumb thing to do - put my rod and reel (Redington 8weight, green) on top of the car at end of a long day. Then drove off, approx 17.30 Tuesday 11/3/14. I returned to search about an hour later but no sign. There were a number of people around so I assume someone has picked it up or the bits for safe keeping. Would love to know as I'm here from the UK for another 2 weeks and will need to buy replacement.
Many Thanks
Phil

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Lost at Bailey Bridge Cheakamus
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »

Hi Phil, welcome to BC and I hope the fishing was good at least.

I've posted your request on our Facebook page as well as Twitter just to reach more people.

You should also contact Whistler Fly Fishing in Squamish, someone may have picked it up and dropped it off there. Give Pacific Angler a call as well because many of their customers frequently fish that area. Let them know the website sent you there and they'll take care of you, maybe even get you a temporary replacement during your stay.

You should also post it on flybc.ca. That forum has a much larger participation by BC fly fishermen than this one, some also fish the Squamish River system.

Good luck!

PhilDickinson

Re: Lost at Bailey Bridge Cheakamus
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »

Thanks Rodney,
Very kind and yes I've sent an email to Whistler Fly at Squamish and Don is going to keep an ear out.
Will be talking to Pacific and do flybc.ca.
Thanks again
Phil