Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap fishing June15  (Read 1861 times)

scottm

• I'm a llama!
Cap fishing June15
« on: June 15, 2004, 02:38:55 PM »

It was my first day ever on the Cap today.I ended up starting off at the cable pool at about 5:45am there was already 4 guys there.I was using roe and on my 3rd cast fish on played for a few seconds and gone.There was alot of fish moving through some holding it died off about 6:30.I went for a walk over the foot bridge and explore tried another hole just before the pipe nothing.Went back to cable pool tried colorado blades and after a few casts wham a huge steelhead smoltabout 4 inches what a fight.In all i saw 3 killed none for me.I walked up to the hatchery and there was alot of fish there and quite a few big ones.I left about 11am there was alot of people showing up,i plan on going again very soon.  

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
Re:Cap fishing June15
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 03:00:04 PM »

THanks for the post.  I arrrived 0730 just as a well known fishing author was leaving my favourite pool. Spoke to him for a bit and he didn't catch anything. Fished until about 10:30...skunked again!
What's funny is that I had a foreboding thought as I smelled the skunk cabbage on my  hike into the canyon. Next time I'm just gonna go home.

Gonna try a little closer to Cable I think next time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 03:11:36 PM by Rosco P. COHOtrane »