Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BASS IN THE COQUITLAM?  (Read 7431 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
BASS IN THE COQUITLAM?
« on: June 14, 2004, 04:00:11 PM »

I HEARD A RUMOR 2 DAY THAT THEY MIGHT B STOCKING THE COQUITLAM WITH BASS SOON ! NE BODY ELSE HEAR ABOUT THIS ?
weeeeeeeeeow!

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re:BASS IN THE COQUITLAM?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 04:09:06 PM »

I think that would be HIGHLY unlikely.  ::)

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 04:10:48 PM »

WHOA!!!! Another troll?? ::) ::)
And when you say "they", who exactly do you mean?  Your local bucket brigade?... lol

otto

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 04:45:08 PM »

maybe "they" should stock Trout lake with bass.....it is an ideal lake for it......

Randog

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 05:41:17 PM »

Yep it's true. BFONA (Bass Fishermen Of North America) in conjuction with the Provincial Government Group BLIP (Bass Legislation Introduction Program) have agreed to make the Coquitlam an "enhanced" Bass stream.

Our hatchery will be raising 500,000 bass smolts and releasing them next year.

The B.C. Provincial Government will be flying us broodstock fishermen to St. Marys lake on a magic carpet, armed with Carolina Rigs and Rapella "Fat Shad Wraps" to collect the needed broodstock.

I have to go now and watch the Government issued video "How to catch that big ol' hawg on top water crank baits" By Hank Parker ;D

P.S.

There's also talk of Bass intrduction into the Capilano, Vedder/Chilliwack, Squamish and Chehalis systems. Right around the time the Toronto Make Beliefs win the Stanley Cup ;D ;D ;D Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 05:49:16 PM by Randog »

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 07:04:58 PM »

I wouldnt mind having a few places around the lower mainland to bass fish, grew up doing it in Ontario, and it can be alot of fun, nothing like watching a 5 or 6 pound largemouth rip through the lilypads to get at a topwater bait, or the aerobatics of the smallmouth bass caught on ultra light tackle

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 08:14:06 PM »

they taste wonderful :D... had smallmouths in toronto. and they were mmm mmm good.  i dont think largemouths like fast moving water anyways.  on the other hand some small mouth do feed furiously in fast water during mornings/eveings.

Largemouths, think of them as rockcods. they do eat a large amount of fish. but they usualy wait for something to pass by then come out of the weeds and strike.  

even thoe smallmouths can feast in fast moving water. they usualy target crayfish/hellgrammites and other insects.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 10:37:33 PM by JigHead »

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 08:37:41 PM »

I would have to agree with jighead they are great pan fried. I have had them many many times in my old country lol and what great scrappers they are ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dynamite kid

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 08:39:45 AM »

I sure hope the last group of replys were meant to be a joke.As far as gamefish go Trout and Salmon are far superior to coarse fish such as bass.This is why you see introduced stocks of Salmon and Trout all over the world.Why in the blue hell would any self respecting sports fisherman want to see more coarse fish species in the lower mainland.The "bucket brigade " has already caused some coarse fish problems .Lets stop the madness right here.If you enjoy fishing for Bass ,there are plenty of options as it is ,gotta just get out and do your homework.
This whole thread was a total "gang troll",take it somewhere else. >:(

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 02:39:25 PM »

BAHAHAHA  :-\