Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fish Warrior  (Read 4684 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Fish Warrior
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:58:45 PM »

:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

TheFishingLad

Re: Fish Warrior
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »

Saw one episode, he was 'fighting a fish' but really he hooked a log and was pulling on it to seem like a big one. Stopped watching.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »

Meh  ::)

some dude trying to also get famous doing the same as Jeremy Wade on River Monsters............except Wade's show is a good one  :)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Suther

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 07:49:09 PM »

I scrolled through the first 20 videos on the front page under Exclusive Videos... I think I've already seen it all on River Monsters. lol

Except being worried about a black bear. Sissy. At least Jeremy Wade was running away from Grizzlies in Alaska....

Ian Forbes

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »

Meh  ::)

some dude trying to also get famous doing the same as Jeremy Wade on River Monsters............except Wade's show is a good one  :)

Agreed. But if it works there will always be someone who copies a leader.

TacoChris

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »

These shows are show contrived I would not be surprised if they netted a river and put a hook in the biggest fish's mouth. Every time the big elusive fish is caught in the last minute before the trip is over. Amazing how that happens.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »

These shows are show contrived I would not be surprised if they netted a river and put a hook in the biggest fish's mouth. Every time the big elusive fish is caught in the last minute before the trip is over. Amazing how that happens.

That's called good editing and showmanship. I would bet part of the time the big fish of the trip is possibly caught right in the beginning but they have a scheduled time to be there so use it for "filler" to get the amazing shots, back history............

The one I believed he worked for the most was the huge fish in India where his clothes were literally falling to pieces from being there so long, that could also be faked easily as well though. Regardless of any critic Wade still puts on a good show and I will continue to watch  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

TNAngler

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »

What kind of show would it be if in the first five minutes they show him catching the biggest fish possible and then for the other 55 minutes they show him pounding the water and not catching much of anything?  In previous seasons, it seemed like he spent more time diving or using a remote control vehicle to see what else was down there.  I know in some of those episode they saw fish much bigger than the one they finally caught.

How many guys do you know that caught their biggest salmon ever the first time they went out, first couple casts?  I'm sure there are a couple but fishing takes time and learning the fish no matter what fish it is.

Also I have seen an episode (unless I am just misremembering) where he left without having caught the monster he was looking for.

Ian Forbes

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 02:04:19 AM »

I've enjoyed all of Jeremy Ward's shows, and maybe it's because I've fished some of the same places and caught the same species. He does show how hard he has to work just to catch what he has set out to catch. If nothing else his shows portray places that many of us never get to see. The actual fish are just an addition to a travelogue. Most really could not be called sport fish.

I do know one thing and that is editing takes a LOT of work and pre-planning.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:07:36 AM »

Saw one episode, he was 'fighting a fish' but really he hooked a log and was pulling on it to seem like a big one. Stopped watching.
i sense a little envy?

http://www.jakubvagner.cz/en/records.html

TheFishingLad

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 07:33:36 AM »

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »

Well if its to long to read, hell I will make it easier for ya!

4 WORLD RECORDS: = ENVY ! Simple enough!

Suther

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 10:56:04 AM »

Well if its to long to read, hell I will make it easier for ya!

4 WORLD RECORDS: = ENVY ! Simple enough!

A giant catfish and an aripaima record are both pretty sweet. But the other two are for much smaller fish, not nearly as exciting...