Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wunder Boner  (Read 4913 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

gmachine19

Re: Wunder Boner
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »

You should've been here yesterday!

FrayedKnot

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »

If I wasnt such a noob here this is where Id insert joke similar to Hey, I have one of those....and that removal tool looks cool too....

Suther

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »

Looks pretty slick - makes me wonder how well it actually works though, seems like the sort of product that works flawlessly in the commercials, but when you actually try to use it, its a total pain in the arse.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:22:35 PM »

Looks pretty slick - makes me wonder how well it actually works though, seems like the sort of product that works flawlessly in the commercials, but when you actually try to use it, its a total pain in the arse.

Judging by some online reviews, it doesn't work well unless the fish has been in the fridge for at least 6 hours. And even then, it turns the meat to mush.
I'll stick to my deboning knife and leave the wunder boner for the bedroom.  :D

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »

LOL! Good one Milo!

Agree it would likey destroy the meat. I bought a pair of fish tweezers from House of Knives and it works pretty good for pulling the pin bones out. A little tough on a fresh fish esp coho as the bones tend to be smaller and sometimes break off. With a frozen and thawed fish they come out no problem.

Tenz85

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »

Can one be made for. Parts at Home Depot and some handy know how?!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:11 AM »

LOL! Good one Milo!

Agree it would likey destroy the meat. I bought a pair of fish tweezers from House of Knives and it works pretty good for pulling the pin bones out. A little tough on a fresh fish esp coho as the bones tend to be smaller and sometimes break off. With a frozen and thawed fish they come out no problem.

my wife just uses a small pair of pliers I bought for just that usage. She hates the pin bones so I told her its her problem to pull them, I do all the catching, cleaning, filleting so a few pin bones left behind is fine for me to deal with while I'm eating. They are definitely easier to pull after the fish is cooked or smoked because the meat shrinks back revealing the bones easier and also makes them pull free a lot easier without breaking
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/