Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alberni Socks  (Read 4305 times)

blueback

Alberni Socks
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:06:52 PM »

Me and the wife are heading out to China Creek to chase sockeye on July long weekend ;D. I was wondering if anyone might know what's been working out there for these guys? I've been there before and had some fun cathing a few, mostly using pink hootchies. Other times I got a couple on little pink spoons I was wondering what might be the rig of choice for these fish this year? Spoons? Pink hootchie? Any info/thoughts would be appreciated; thanks ;). Can't wait to go!!

blueback

Re:Alberni Socks
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 10:10:36 PM »

Oh ya, went to the Cap this morning and buddy got a nice little one about two pounds on boraxed steely roe. Only saw one other caught all morning.

FishKid

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 10:12:13 PM »

Pretty slow today.  The water is too low.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 08:59:56 PM »

Hey blueback,  just got back from port alberni.  Fished the inlet by china creek on saturday.  Fishing was ok.  Some limited out, some didn't get any.  The fish really haven't stacked up as yet and they are moving fast.  The ones that did really well were using spoons.  Hoochies worked but not as well.  We used hoochies and got four.  I checked out paper mill dam early this morning and although its not quite the zoo as the vedder,  it was still pretty crowded.  Fishing was so so as the natives were beach seining the pool below.  The fishing in July should be good unless you go right after a seine opening.

blueback

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

;DHey thanks for the report Doug! Hope I don't hit a commercial opening. I was talking to a commercial guy (who fishes Alberni) down at Granville Is. yesterday and he says he is out there on Tuesdays; I get there Thurs so I hope the Inlet has had a chance to resupply itself with delicious sockeye!